UK, 18+ only. 15th – 18th May 2023. Users can enter the competition by visiting the landing page during the competition live dates.
Promoter: eBay (UK) Limited, 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF. The EFL is not a promoter of this contest.
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. The prize is for x2 general admission tickets to the Sky Bet Championship Play Off Final, provided by eBay as part of its partnership with the EFL.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 10am on 15th May – 11:59 on 18th May 2023
4. Competition Entry: via the EFL webform URL link.
▪ Winners will be selected randomly (via random generator) all entries.
▪ This will only apply for entrants of the teams that make it to the Sky Bet Championship Play Off Final; entries from the clubs eliminated will not be considered. Note: only one entry per person will be valid.
5. The winners will be drawn at random on Friday 19th May from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period.
6. It will be the responsibility of eBay to contact the winners by 12pm Friday 19th May. The winners will be contacted via email, reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner.
7. The winner of any prize which includes tickets is not permitted, by virtue of Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1998 to sell or otherwise dispose of the tickets to any other third party whatsoever, unless agreed by the event organiser in writing.
8. Further Prize Details and Conditions: EFL SkyBet League fixture:
a. The winner of any prize which includes tickets is not permitted, by virtue of Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1998 to sell or otherwise dispose of the tickets to any other third party whatsoever, unless agreed by the event organiser in writing.
b. The prize is for the applicable Sky Bet Championship Final fixture, match tickets only and does not include any other facilities of expenses whatsoever, such as (by way of example and all of which are the responsibility of the winner and/or their guest(s)) the following:
• travel to or from the venues and associated charges;
• travel insurance;
• tips, gratuities, room service, drinks or meals; and
• any other costs associated with the trip.
c. Ticket collection details will be provided by the promoter, eBay. If tickets are collected on the day, tickets may only be collected by the winner and photographic ID (passport / driving license / national ID card) will be required at the point of collection.
d. Clubs will be notified of the identity of ticket winners and their guest(s), and databases will be checked against any Club Banning Orders, as well as the National Police Database for those who may be subject to a Court Banning Order. Any persons found subject to a club or court banning order are not eligible to enter this competition or claim the prize. If a winner’s guest(s) is subject to a club banning order or court banning order then they are not eligible for the prize, and the winner will need to identify a different guest(s).
e. The following details are required from each winner: Name, date of birth, email address, home address including postcode & supporting team.
f. Winners must be aged 18 and over or accompanied by an adult.
g. The winner and their guest attending a venue to enjoy their prize must also comply with all policies, rules and reasonable instructions provided by the EFL, venue operators and/or any authority at the venue. The EFL, the relevant venue operators and authorities reserve the right to remove any entrant or winner (and/or their permitted guests) for failing to comply with those policies, rules or instructions or otherwise behaving in an inappropriate manner.
h. The EFL will be provided with information (including name and address) of the competition winner for prize administration and databases will be checked against any club banning orders as well as the National Police database for those who may be subject to a court banning order. The EFL will not otherwise use winners’ personal details for reasons other than the above, unless lawfully permitted to do so. Winners are responsible for the behaviour of their guests.
i. Entrance to this competition constitutes full acceptance of these terms and conditions and all terms and conditions of the Football League Limited Conditions of Issue as well as the Wembley National Stadium Ground Regulations. Both of these documents can be found at www.efl.com/ticketconditions. Winners must abide by those terms at all times. The promotor or the EFL accepts no responsibility if the winner and/or the winner’s guest are denied entry or asked to leave the match for failure to abide by such terms, any applicable law or regulation or because of their inappropriate behaviour.
j. The prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Under no circumstances can this prize be transferred to a third party of sold for any financial amount.
k. Tickets will be available for match day collection only from Wembley Stadium, and the winner must provide photo ID, or the tickets will not be released.
l. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original prize, in the event of circumstances outside its control making the prize unavailable. The prize may be subject to availability and change where expressly stated.
m. Name changes are not permitted, unless expressly agreed in writing (at the sole discretion of the EFL and/or football club) on a case-by-case basis.
n. Winners will be bound by any additional terms and rules of conduct set out by the relevant football club, venue host or event organiser (EFL) (including, amongst other things any terms of issue associated with tickets, applicable ground regulations and other policies applicable to visitors at the venue or event). The promoter, event organiser or stadium operators reserve the right to refuse entry and/or require winners and/or their guest(s) to leave the venue should the winner or guest(s) not comply with these terms, rules or policies, any applicable law or regulation or other reasonable directions or the promoter, event organiser or stadium operators, or because of winners or guest(s) inappropriate behavior. Winners are responsible for the behavior of themselves and their guest(s) whilst taking the Prize.
o. No guarantees can be given that any match will take place at a particular time or on a particular date. The event organiser reserves the right to reschedule any match without notice and without any liability whatsoever.
p. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the ability to receive the prize may be prevented, limited or interfered with by unforeseen events outside of the reasonable control of the promoter, EFL, Club and/or venue, which may result in (amongst other things) matches being postponed, cancelled, played behind closed doors, reduced capacity crowds, or entry requirements imposed by a competent authority. Neither the promoter, EFL, club or venue shall be liable or responsible if any unforeseen events prevent, limit or interfere with the winner making use of the ticket or attending the match and in the event winners cannot make use of ticket(s) to attend any match the Promoter will determine in its sole discretion whether it will grant an alternative prize.
q. Winners are solely responsible to have all necessary information and documents in order to comply with any requirements relating to entry to the stadium or venue. Winners must also comply with any other policies, guidance and instructions which may be provided to you by the EFL, football club and/or venue as applicable and may be updated from time to time, in relation to attendance at the match or event.
r. The winners will be expected to comply with any third-party terms and conditions that form part of the prize, including but not limited to conditions of the EFL and the relevant football club along with the stadium ground regulations. EFL ground regulations can be found here: https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-documents/ground-regulations.pdf and apply at all EFL Club stadiums (equivalent regulations apply at Premier League Club stadiums).
s. If a winner and/or their guest(s) has any special accessibility requirements, the winner will need to make the promoter aware of this as soon as the winner has won a pair of tickets. In some instances, notice of accessible seating may only be available at short notice. If wheelchair spaces are available, these will be offered on a first-come first -served basis.
t. By submitting your personal information when entering the prize draw, you acknowledge the promoter may disclose that information to the event organiser (EFL), venue host and/or the relevant football club(s) playing in the match to which the prize relate for the purpose of verifying your eligibility for any prize and or administering delivery of the prize.
u. Any personal data relating to entrants will be kept securely and used solely for the purposes of administering this promotion and/or prize fulfillment by the promoter, EFL, clubs playing in the match to which the prize relate and/or by any agent of the promoter or EFL appointed to assist with running the promotion or administering the prize. Further information about the EFL’s use of personal data generally can be found in the EFL privacy notice at https://www.efl.com/efl-privacy-notice you must bring this to the attention of any guest(s) you may nominate. Use of your personal information will not include sending you electronic marketing communications unless you have opted in to receive such communications (and you are free to unsubscribe from these communications at any time in the future).
v. This is not a promotion of the EFL, any clubs or their respective group companies nor is there any liability or contractual obligation owed to prize winners by the EFL, clubs or respective group companies relating to the operation of this promotion (save only in relation to any applicable conditions of issue for event and match tickets and/or stadium regulations).
9. In accordance with the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (CAP Code), the Prize Winner’s name and county of residence will be made available upon request to anyone who wishes to verify that a valid award took place. Such information will be made available within 7 days of eBay successfully contacting the winner. In order to receive this information, please contact Customer Service. For information on how to contact Customer Service, please visit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/pages/help/account/contact-customer-support.html. The Prize Winner has the opportunity to object to this information being published or made available, or to reduce the amount of information being made available. In order to object, please contact Customer Service.
10. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute the Prize for another of equal or greater value.
11. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, or invalidate any affected entries and/or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
12. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the promotional website.
13. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the/a Prize(s), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
14. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances of the Promoter.
Your personal data will be used by eBay in connection with, and in order to determine the winner of, the Promotion (including making available on request the Prize Winner’s name and county of residence, to anyone who wishes to obtain it). eBay will do this on the basis of its legitimate interests in enabling eBay users to participate in prize draws. You may contact eBay’s Data Protection Officer by post at 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF.
16. If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
17. By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
18. If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
19. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.