Terms & Conditions for the Checkatrade Trophy Player of the Round Prize Draw 2017
- The promoter of the competition is the EFL, the brand name of The Football League Limited (Company Number: 80612) of EFL House, 10-12 West Cliff, Preston, Lancashire PR1 8HU.
- The promotion is a prize draw, with free entry route as set out below. No purchase necessary.
- Entries are limited to one entry per individual. Any entries that, in the view of the EFL have been made on a multiple basis by or for the same person, including via any sort of software or machine enabling multiple entries, will be disqualified. The EFL also reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same or similar email addresses or the same IP Address or any entry found not to comply with the requirements of these terms and conditions.
- The prize for each particular prize draw, together with the opening and closing dates will be clearly set out within the promotional material relating to the individual draw and is noted below.
- No cash alternative will be offered. The EFL reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original prize, in the event of circumstances outside its control making the prize unavailable. The prize may be subject to availability and change where expressly stated.
- The prize draw is only open to people aged 18 or over.
- To enter the prize draw you should complete the online entry form and return it to the EFL by submitting the online form.
- The prize draw (for the Checkatrade Trophy Player of the Round) opens on Friday 9th February 2018 and the closing date for entries is 9am (GMT) on Monday 12th February 2018. The winners will be drawn at random on Tuesday 13th February 2018 and selected as set out at paragraph 15 below.
- The draw is not open to employees of the EFL, Checkatrade, Hatch Communications, their subsidiaries, families, agents, or their affiliates.
- The prize winners may be expected to have photographs taken or participate in filming for press or promotion purposes, and these together with the winners name(s) and supported club may be published. By entering the agreement you agree to such participation and publication.
- Any queries and comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The EFL accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, delayed or unreadable. Insofar as permitted by law, the EFL, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize (except for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the EFL, its agents or distributors). Your statutory rights are not affected. The EFL is not liable for any business losses incurred by entrants.
- The name and county of the prize winners will be available by sending a written request to: Checkatrade Trophy Player of the Round, EFL, 55 Blandford Street, London, W1U 7HG. Entrants agree their name and county may be disclosed for this purpose.
- In the event of a prize winner being unable to accept their prize, upon agreement of the EFL, he/she may be permitted to nominate a family member or partner to accept the prize on their behalf.
- The two players with the most votes at the end of the closing date for the Prize Draw will be shortlisted for assessment by the EFL judging panel, with the panel awarding the title of ‘player of the round’ to one of those players. Those voters who voted for the successful player of the round will be entered into a draw and one winner will be selected at random from those entries and will win the prize.
- The prize includes:
(a) two (2) tickets to the 2018 Checkatrade Trophy Final at Wembley only on Sunday 8th April 2018. TICKETS TO THE CHECKATRADE TROPHY FINAL MAY ONLY BE DISTRIBUTED NEARER TO THE DATE OF THE EVENT; and
(b) subject to which club the player winning the ‘player of the round’ award is from, potentially the opportunity to present the award to that player at a time and location notified by the EFL. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS SUBJECT TO THE AGREEMENT OF THE RELEVANT CLUB. THE EFL MAKES NO GUARANTEE THAT THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE THIS OPPORTUNITY BUT THE EFL WILL MAKE ALL REASONABLE EFFORTS TO LIAISE WITH THE CLUB ON BEHALF OF THE WINNER TO TRY AND SECURE IT FOR THEM WHERE NECESSARY.
The winner is solely responsible for arranging, at their cost, all other logistics, purchases and arrangements required for it to access, utilise, redeem, enjoy and/or receive their prize including (amongst others) any accommodation, travel arrangements, meals and other subsidence. The EFL accepts no responsibility in relation to such matters. PLEASE NOTE THE APPLICABLE WINNER WILL BE GIVEN ESTIMATED DATES OF DELIVERY/ATTENDANCE WITH ANY WINNERS NOTIFICATION AND WILL RECEIVE UPDATES OF ANY CHANGES AFTER THAT. THE EFL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY IN DELIVERY OF A PRIZE OTHERWISE CAUSED BY FAILURE OR DELAY OF A WINNER TO PROVIDE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND/OR THE WINNER PROVIDING INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION.
- The winner of any prize which includes tickets is not permitted, by virtue of Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1998 to sell or otherwise dispose of the tickets to any other third party whatsoever, unless agreed by the EFL under paragraph 14 above. Use of all tickets won under this prize draw is subject to the EFL’s Conditions of Issue for tickets which will be notified to winners with delivery of applicable tickets. Please note this includes a requirement to, amongst other things, comply with the ground regulations of Wembley Stadium.
- The winner (and any permitted guest) must comply with all policies, rules and reasonable instructions provided by the venue operator and/or any authority at the venue at which they attend to enjoy their prize. The EFL, the relevant venue operators and authorities reserve the right to remove any winner (and/or their permitted guest) for failing to comply with those policies, rules or instructions or otherwise behaving in an inappropriate manner.
- Entry into the draw will be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of these terms and conditions.
- Subject to any inability to exclude rights you may have by virtue of your country of residence, the prize draw is governed by English law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.