Get the lowdown this weekend in Sky Bet League Two with our pre-match stat pack!
Barrow v AFC Wimbledon
- Barrow’s only previous Football League meeting with AFC Wimbledon saw them win 1-0 in this season’s reverse meeting in August.
- AFC Wimbledon last visited Barrow in November 2020, a goalless FA Cup first round draw which the Wombles progressed from via penalties (4-2).
- None of Barrow’s last nine league matches have seen either they or their opponents score more than one goal, with just 10 goals scored in total. The last Football League team to go 10 consecutive league games without either side scoring more than one goal was Wycombe Wanderers in February/March 2016.
- Ali Al-Hamadi has been involved in seven goals in his last seven League Two appearances for AFC Wimbledon, scoring six goals and assisting one.
Colchester United v Tranmere Rovers
- Colchester have only won one of their last 11 league games against Tranmere (D3 L7), although it was this exact fixture last season, a 1-0 win in March 2022.
- Tranmere are looking to complete a first league double over Colchester since the 2013-14 League One season, having won this season’s reverse clash 2-0 in August.
- Colchester United have lost their last two home league matches, losing 1-0 to both Northampton and Stockport. They haven’t lost three in a row on home soil since April 2019.
- Tranmere have lost six of their last eight away league matches (W2), losing 2-0 against Gillingham in their last away game.
Crawley Town v Rochdale
- Since losing both of their first two Football League meetings with Rochdale in 2014-15, Crawley are unbeaten in their last three against the Dale (W2 D1).
- Rochdale have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last four league games against Crawley since beating them 4-0 away from home in September 2014.
- Crawley’s Ben Gladwin has five goals in six Football League appearances against Rochdale, his most against a single side in the EFL.
- Rochdale have won just two of their last 20 league matches (D5 L13), picking up just 11 of a possible 60 points across these games.
Doncaster Rovers v Northampton Town
- Doncaster have kept a clean sheet in each of their last four league games against Northampton, winning three of them (D1), as many wins as they had in their previous 10 Football League meetings beforehand (W3 D2 L5).
- Northampton have only won once in their last 10 Football League away games at Doncaster (D3 L6), a 2-1 win in November 1996 under Ian Atkins.
- Only one of Doncaster’s last 33 home league matches has been a draw, a 1-1 stalemate with Leyton Orient in October (W14 L18).
- Northampton Town have scored exactly once in each of their last seven league games (W4 D2 L1), winning four games 1-0 in this sequence.
Gillingham v Carlisle United
- Gillingham lasted hosted Carlisle in a league match in November 2013, winning 1-0 after Danny Kedwell scored a penalty in a game in which both sides had a man sent off. The Gills are unbeaten in five home Football League games against the Blues (W3 D2).
- Carlisle, who won this season’s reverse meeting with Gillingham 1-0 in August, last completed a Football League double over the Gills in 1994-95.
- Gillingham have won all four of their home league games played on Saturdays in 2023 so far – they only won five of 31 such games across 2021 and 2022 combined (W5 D12 L14).
- Carlisle manager Paul Simpson hasn’t managed away in the league against Gillingham since October 2010 when he was Stockport County manager, losing 2-1.
Grimsby Town v Walsall
- Grimsby are looking to complete their first ever double over Walsall in the Football League, in what is the 32nd season the two sides have met, after the Mariners won this season’s reverse meeting 2-1 in August.
- In their last 21 Football League visits to Grimsby Town, Walsall have only won three times (D5 L13), most recently in April 2003 under Colin Lee.
- Grimsby Town won their last home league match but haven’t won consecutive home games in the EFL since February 2020.
- Walsall have won just four of their last 31 away league matches (D12 L15) and won none of their last six since a 2-1 win at Swindon on Boxing Day.
Hartlepool United v Leyton Orient
- Hartlepool have lost four of their last five League Two matches against Leyton Orient, drawing the other 0-0 in this exact fixture last term.
- Leyton Orient have only won one of their last five Football League away games at Hartlepool (D1 L3), a 3-1 victory in October 2016.
- All four of Hartlepool’s league matches under John Askey so far have been drawn. Pools haven’t drawn five consecutive Football League games since a run of six between April and August 2011.
- Leyton Orient haven’t lost any of their last 22 away league matches in which they’ve scored (W12 D10) since a 3-2 defeat at Port Vale in October 2021.
Mansfield Town v Sutton United
- Mansfield have lost all three of their League Two meetings with Sutton United; only two sides – Barnsley (first 5) and Sunderland (first 4) – have ever won each of their first four Football League games against the Stags.
- Sutton’s only previous League Two away game at Mansfield saw them win 3-2 in April 2022.
- Mansfield manager Nigel Clough has lost 100% of his EFL matches against Sutton United (3/3); they are one of only two teams he’s suffered defeat against every time he’s faced them, along with Lincoln City (2/2).
- Sutton United are unbeaten in their last four away league games (W2 D2), their longest unbeaten away run in the Football League.
Stevenage v Salford City
- Stevenage won this exact fixture last season 4-2; they have lost each of their other six League Two games against the Ammies.
- Salford have won more League Two games against Stevenage (6) than they have against any other club.
- Stevenage have won 17 of their last 21 home League Two matches (D1 L3). Since Steve Evans’ first home game in charge on April 2nd last year, they have won more home points in League Two than anyone else (52).
- Salford City have picked up just five points in their last seven away league matches (W1 D2 L4), with their only win in this run coming at Mansfield, a 5-2 victory.
Swindon Town v Stockport County
- This will be Swindon’s first home league game against Stockport County since a 4-1 win in February 2010, with the Robins unbeaten in four such meetings (W3 D1).
- Stockport beat Swindon 4-0 in their last competitive meeting in the FA Cup in November; not since August 2002 have the Hatters won back-to-back games against the Robins.
- Swindon’s Charlie Austin has netted eight goals in 11 league appearances this season and scored all four goals in their 4-4 draw at Rochdale last time out. Austin was the first player to score four goals in a fourth-tier match but not end on the winning side since Kerry Dixon in September 1982, who scored four for Reading in a 7-5 defeat to Doncaster Rovers.
- Stockport County have lost just one of their last 11 league matches (W6 D4) and are unbeaten in four games since a 1-0 defeat at Barrow in February.