Get ready for the weekend in Sky Bet League Two with our pre-match stat pack!
AFC Wimbledon v Mansfield Town
- AFC Wimbledon won their last home league game against Mansfield 3-1 in January 2016 – their only victory in seven League Two meetings with the Stags (D2 L4).
- Mansfield won this season’s reverse fixture against AFC Wimbledon 5-2 in August, and are looking to complete a League Two double over the Wombles for a second time, last doing so in 2014-15.
- AFC Wimbledon have conceded four goals in their last two league games played on a Saturday (D1 L1), as many as in their previous 11 such games in League Two (W5 D5 L1).
- Mansfield have kept a clean sheet in each of their last two away league games (W2); not since October 2018 have they recorded three consecutive clean sheets on the road in the Football League.
Bradford City v Colchester United
- Bradford City have only won one of their last 10 league meetings with Colchester United (D5 L4), a 2-1 victory in March 2021.
- Six of Colchester’s last seven league visits to Bradford have been drawn, with each of the last two finishing goalless; the U’s won the other 2-1 in League One in March 2016.
- Bradford have won just one of their last four league games at Valley Parade (D1 L2), and could lose successive league games there for the first time since March 2022 (run of five).
- Colchester have lost their previous two league games, while they’ve failed to score in the last three – the U’s haven’t gone four league fixtures without scoring since October 2021.
Carlisle United v Grimsby Town
- After their 2-1 win in September, Carlisle are looking to complete a fourth Football League double over Grimsby, with the first three coming in 1952-53, 2005-06 and 2017-18.
- Grimsby have only lost one of their last five League Two visits to Carlisle (W2 D2), and are unbeaten in their last three (W1 D2).
- Joel Senior’s goal against Crawley last time out means Carlisle have had 17 different goalscorers in League Two this season (ex. own goals), more than any other side.
- Grimsby have won two of their last three league games on the road (L1), one more than in their previous seven beforehand (W1 D1 L5).
Harrogate Town v Gillingham
- Harrogate won their only previous League Two meeting with Gillingham 2-0 in this season’s reverse fixture in August.
- Gillingham have only won two of their last 18 away league games in Yorkshire and the Humber (D10 L6), a 3-1 win at Rotherham United in October 2017 and 1-0 victory at Doncaster in March 2022.
- Harrogate are without a win in any of their last five home league games played on a Saturday (D2 L3) since beating Mansfield 3-0 in November 2022.
- Gillingham have scored five goals in their last three away league games (W1 D1 L1), as many goals as their first 13 such games of 2022-23 (W1 D4 L8). Indeed, the Gills could win successive away league games for the first time since March 2022.
Leyton Orient v Swindon Town
- Both teams have scored in each of the last six league meetings between Leyton Orient (11 goals) and Swindon Town (10), with each side also winning twice each in this period (D2).
- Swindon Town lost this exact league visit last season 4-1; the Robins last lost away to Leyton Orient in consecutive Football League seasons in 1954-55/1955-56.
- Leyton Orient have kept a clean sheet in 14 of their 17 home league games this season (W13 D3 L1), including in their last such game against Crawley (1-0) – the last sides to keep more shutouts at home in a fourth-tier season were Southend (16) and Shrewsbury (15), both in 2014-15.
- Having lost their first three league games under Jody Morris, Swindon have won each of their last two, and could win three in a row for the first time since September 2022.
Northampton Town v Crawley Town
- Northampton are looking to complete a double over Crawley Town in League Two for a second time (previously 2015-16), after winning this season’s reverse fixture 3-2 in August.
- Crawley Town have only lost one of five League Two visits to Northampton (W2 D2), a 2-1 defeat in April 2016.
- Northampton lost their last home league game against Grimsby 2-1, not since February 2020 have the Cobblers lost successive home league fixtures in the fourth tier.
- Crawley manager Scott Lindsey has already faced Northampton twice this season in the league while in charge of Swindon; the Robins lost 2-1 at home in October 2022 but won 2-1 on the road two months later.
Rochdale v Stevenage
- Rochdale have lost four of their five Football League meetings with Stevenage, drawing the other 2-2 in November 2021.
- Stevenage have only faced Harrogate (6 games) more times in the Football League without ever losing than Rochdale (5).
- No side are on a longer ongoing winless run in League Two this season than Rochdale (9 games – D2 L7), while they’ve also failed to win, or keep a clean sheet, in their previous nine home league matches (D2 L7).
- Stevenage’s Jake Forster-Caskey has netted three goals in his last four Football League appearances against Rochdale, though all three goals came in home games while at Charlton, including a brace in November 2017.
Salford City v Newport County
- Salford have never lost to Newport County in League Two, winning four and drawing two of six such clashes. Against no side have they faced more in the competition without ever losing.
- Newport County have lost each of their last three league matches against Salford City, conceding eight goals in the process.
- Salford have scored in each of their last eight home league games (11 goals – W4 D2 L2), their joint-longest such run in the Football League, having previously done so between December 2020 and March 2021 (13 goals).
- Newport are unbeaten in their last three away league games (W2 D1), keeping as many clean sheets in those games (2) as they did in their first 13 such games of 2022-23.
Stockport County v Doncaster Rovers
- Stockport County have lost each of their last four Football League games against Doncaster Rovers, with these games spanning from 1991 to 2022.
- This will be Doncaster’s first Football League away game at Stockport since a 4-2 victory in April 2005. They last won consecutive such visits in October 1979.
- Following a five-game winning run, Stockport lost their last league game against Barrow; not since August 2022 have they lost successive league games, although the Hatters are unbeaten at home in their previous six league fixtures (W5 D1).
- Doncaster have lost, and failed to score, in each of their last two league games; not since May 1998 have Rovers gone three games in the fourth tier without finding the net.
Sutton United v Crewe Alexandra
- This will be the second League Two match between Sutton United and Crewe Alexandra; the Railwaymen won the first 1-0 in August.
- When visiting a new opponent for a first time in the Football League, Crewe have only won one of their last nine such games (D4 L4), a 3-1 victory at AFC Wimbledon in October 2011. They haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of their last 17 such games (37 goals conceded) since a 2-0 win at Leeds United in January 2005.
- Sutton have won each of their last three league games, while another victory here would equal their longest such run as a Football League side, having won four games on the bounce across September/October 2021.
- Crewe have drawn more games than any other side in League Two this season (14), seven of which have come in their last 10 league games (W1 L2), including each of their last four away fixtures.
Tranmere Rovers v Hartlepool United
- Tranmere have only lost two of their last 15 home Football League matches versus Hartlepool (W7 D6), both 1-0 defeats in November 2010 and April 2013.
- There have been just five goals in the last six Football League meetings between Tranmere (2 goals) and Hartlepool (3).
- Tranmere’s Micky Mellon has won both of his previous home Football League games as a manager against Hartlepool, winning 3-0 with Shrewsbury in January 2015 and 1-0 with Rovers in September 2021.
- Hartlepool have either lost the game (L2) or gained points from losing positions (3 - D3) in their last five league games,scoring two goals in added time last time out to draw 3-3 with Walsall.
Walsall v Barrow
- Walsall have only lost one of their last nine Football League home games against Barrow (W6 D2), although are winless in both of their last two (D1 L1).
- After their 2-1 win in August, Barrow could complete a Football League double over Walsall for the first time since 1931-32.
- Walsall have drawn seven of their last eight league games (L1), including each of the last six; the last side to draw seven straight games in the fourth tier was Bournemouth in August 2002.
- Barrow won their last away league game against Bradford 1-0 - since their return to the Football League in 2020-21, only once have they won successive such games, doing so in March 2021, with the first of those two wins coming at Walsall (1-0).