There's more Sky Bet League Two action on the way this weekend! Here is your pre-match stat pack...
Bradford City v Hartlepool United
- Bradford City are looking for their first league double over Hartlepool United since the 1993-94 campaign.
- The away team has won the last six Football League meetings between Bradford and Hartlepool, a run stretching back to March 2005.
- Bradford’s Andy Cook has now scored 20 goals in League Two this season, as many as in his previous two league campaigns with the Bantams (8 in 2020-21 and 12 in 2021-22), netting three goals in his last four home league outings, as many as his previous nine such games.
- Hartlepool are winless in their last seven league outings, drawing five times (L2), with them dropping four points from winning positions in their previous two league games, both finishing 1-1.
AFC Wimbledon v Crawley Town
- AFC Wimbledon have won their last three league games against Crawley Town, beating them 2-0 away from home earlier this season.
- Crawley Town have only played away from home against AFC Wimbledon twice in the Football League, winning 5-2 in October 2011 and losing 1-0 in April 2016.
- AFC Wimbledon have lost each of their last two league games on home soil, conceding three goals both times; not since January 2021 in League One have they endured a longer such run (5 games).
- Crawley beat Harrogate 3-1 last time out, and could win successive league games for the first time since October 2022 - the Red Devils however are still yet to record a league win on the road in 2022-23, losing each of their last six - last going on a longer such run in the Football League between September and December (7 games).
Carlisle United v Stevenage
- Carlisle United have won their last two home league games against Stevenage since losing 1-0 in September 2018.
- Stevenage are looking to complete their second Football League double over Carlisle, also doing so in the 2018-19 campaign.
- Carlisle have won six of their last eight home league games (L2), including the previous two without conceding; they last won three successive such games without conceding in October 2020.
- Stevenage manager Steve Evans has won just one of his five away league matches against Carlisle United (D1 L3), a 2-1 win with Rotherham United in February 2014.
Harrogate Town v Barrow
- Harrogate Town have won both of their home games against Barrow in the Football League, winning 1-0 in October 2020 and 2-1 in August 2021.
- Barrow haven’t scored more than once in any of their five Football League games against Harrogate, netting just two in total, although they won 1-0 earlier this season.
- Harrogate are the only side without a home win in League Two in 2023 (D4 L3) – they’ve won fewer points at home than any other side in the division since the turn of the year (4).
- Barrow are unbeaten in their prior five league games (W3 D2), keeping four clean sheets during that time. Indeed, the Bluebirds are aiming to win three successive away Football League games for the first time since December 1966 (run of four).
Leyton Orient v Colchester United
- Leyton Orient are looking to complete a league double over Colchester United for the first time since the 2013-14 campaign when the sides were in League One.
- Colchester have won six of their last eight league visits to Leyton Orient (D1 L1), winning four of their last five (D1).
- Leyton Orient are unbeaten in their last 12 league games at Brisbane Road (W8 D4), keeping 10 clean sheets in that run; the O’s last went 13 such games avoiding defeat in October 2013 as a League One side.
- Having lost their last four league games, Colchester could lose five in a row for the first time since January 2022. Indeed, the U’s have failed to score in their last five league games; they’ve never had a longer such run in the Football League.
Northampton Town v Crewe Alexandra
- Northampton Town have won none of their last three league games against Crewe Alexandra (D1 L2) since a 4-1 home win in November 2019.
- Crewe are looking for their first consecutive away league victories against Northampton since January 1993 following their 1-0 win in March 2021.
- Northampton’s Sam Hoskins has been involved in four goals in his last four league appearances against Crewe (3 goals, 1 assist), netting a brace in the reverse fixture in August.
- Crewe’s Courtney Baker-Richardson has two goals in two Football League appearances against Northampton, netting both goals for the Railwaymen in a 2-2 draw in August 2022; the first time he scored more than once in a Football League fixture.
Rochdale v Swindon Town
- Rochdale are unbeaten in four home league games against Swindon Town (W2 D2) since a 4-2 defeat back in April 2015.
- Swindon Town are looking for their first league double over Rochdale since the 1985-86 season.
- Rochdale beat Stevenage 2-0 in their last home league game, not since April 2019 as a League One side have the Dale won successive league fixtures at home without conceding.
- Swindon’s Jonny Williams has two goals in his last three Football League appearances against Rochdale, including one in the reverse fixture in August, though both strikes have come at the Country Ground.
Salford City v Doncaster Rovers
- The only previous league meeting between Salford and Doncaster was in the reverse fixture this season, a 2-1 win for Donny.
- Since becoming a Football League side in 2019-20, Salford have only lost their first two league games against a team four times, the last of which was in August 2021 against Swindon.
- Only Carlisle (9) have scored 3+ goals in more League Two games this season than Salford (7), including in their last two league games, winning 3-1 against Newport before losing 4-3 against Crewe last time out.
- Doncaster’s George Miller is their top scorer (10) and joint-top assister (5) in League Two this season; the last player for Rovers to get more of both in a single Football League campaign was Kieran Sadlier in 2019-20 (11 goals, 6 assists).
Stockport County v Mansfield Town
- Stockport County haven’t hosted Mansfield Town for a Football League match since April 2008, winning 2-1 at Edgeley Park.
- Mansfield are looking for their first Football League double over Stockport since the 1992-93 campaign.
- Only Leyton Orient (20) have kept more clean sheets in League Two this season than Stockport (17), with the Hatters doing so in each of their last three outings – they last recorded more in a single Football League campaign in 2006-07 (19).
- This is Nigel Clough’s first away league match as a manager at Stockport – his father Brian Clough managed against them at Edgeley Park in his final season in managerial management in September 1992 in the League Cup, a game in which Nigel Clough was on the scoresheet in a 3-2 Nottingham Forest win.
Tranmere Rovers v Newport County
- Tranmere Rovers have lost their last three league games against Newport County since a 1-0 win in March 2021.
- Following a 1-0 away win in 2021-22, Newport are looking to win consecutive Football League visits to Tranmere for the first time.
- Tranmere manager Micky Mellon has only won one of his seven prior meetings with Newport in the Football League (D2 L4), a 1-0 victory as Shrewsbury boss in January 2015.
- Newport have only lost two of their 11 away league games under Graham Coughlan (W3 D6), losing twice as many in their first seven such games of 2022-23 (W2 D1 L4), though they are winless in their last two (D1 L1).
Walsall v Gillingham
- Walsall have lost two of their last 16 league games against Gillingham (W5 D9) and are unbeaten in four against the Gills (W2 D2).
- This is Gillingham’s first league visit to Walsall since August 2018, when they lost 2-1 under Steve Lovell.
- Walsall are yet to win a League Two game on Saturday in 2023 (D5 L2), losing each of their last two such games.
- Gillingham manager Neil Harris’ last two league games against Walsall have both ended goalless, with Millwall in February 2017 and earlier this campaign with the Gills.