Get the lowdown with all the key facts and stats ahead of kick-off in Sky Bet League One this weekend!
Morecambe v Bolton Wanderers
- Morecambe remain without a win in all five league meetings with Bolton Wanderers (D3 L2), only facing Swindon (7 games) more times in the Football League without ever winning.
- No side has scored more than one goal in any of Morecambe and Bolton’s five Football League meetings; Bolton have scored exactly one goal in all five such matches.
- Morecambe have only lost one of their last 11 home league games (W6 D4), while no side in League One this season have won a higher share of their overall points from home games than them (77% - 24/31).
- Bolton have won each of their last two Football League away games against sides from Lancashire; they last went on a longer such run in March 1981 (run of four).
Accrington Stanley v Forest Green Rovers
- Accrington Stanley won their only previous Football League home game against Forest Green 3-1 in March 2018.
- Forest Green won this season’s reverse fixture against Accrington Stanley 2-1 in September, this after having lost both of their first two such matches against Stanley in 2017-18.
- Accrington have won two of their last four home league games (L2), as many as in their first 11 such games of 2022-23 (W2 D5 L4).
- Forest Green are one of two sides in the Football League, along with Morecambe, yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season, with Rovers conceding on average 2.1 goals per game on the road in 2022-23.
Bristol Rovers v Barnsley
- Bristol Rovers have only lost one of their last 11 home games against Barnsley in the Football League (W7 D3), a 1-5 defeat in November 1992.
- Barnsley have won four of their last five Football League matches against Bristol Rovers (L1), including this season’s reverse match in August (3-0).
- Bristol Rovers scored more goals in their last match against Oxford (3) than they did in their prior six league games (2), andcould win on successive league outings for the first time since their opening two league games of 2023.
- Barnsley have won six of their last seven league games (D1), scoring four goals in each of the last two (W2); the Tykes last scored 4+ goals in three successive Football League fixtures in September 1933.
Cambridge United v Portsmouth
- Cambridge United have only won one of their last 15 league games against Portsmouth (D2 L12), a 2-1 victory in September 2021.
- Portsmouth are unbeaten in seven league visits to Cambridge United (W5 D2) since a 1-0 defeat in March 1978.
- Cambridge United have failed to score in more League One games than any other side this term (16), though they’ve scored at least once in each of their last five home league games (W2 D1 L2) having priorly gone on a seven-game run without scoring at home.
- Since the start of November, Portsmouth have won just six points from their eight away league games (W1 D3 L4), only Forest Green (3), Cambridge (1) and Morecambe (0) have won fewer such points in League One during that time.
Cheltenham Town v Fleetwood Town
- Cheltenham have kept a clean sheet in both of their last two league meetings with Fleetwood Town (W1 D1).
- This season’s reverse fixture between Cheltenham and Fleetwood was the first ever goalless draw between the two clubs in the Football League.
- Cheltenham are winless in their last five home league games (D2 L3) and are without a goal in each of the last three; the Robins have never gone four home games without scoring in the Football League before.
- Fleetwood have won four of their last five league games (D1), as many as in the previous 20 (W4 D6 L10). Indeed, the Cod Army have gone four league fixtures without conceding, only in April 2018 have they done so in five straight games; their longest Football League run.
Derby County v Shrewsbury Town
- This will be Derby County’s first home game against Shrewsbury Town since a 3-2 League Cup defeat in August 2011, and first in league competition since March 1987, when the Rams won 3-1 in the second tier.
- This season’s reverse fixture was the first ever goalless draw between Derby County and Shrewsbury Town in the Football League.
- Derby manager Paul Warne is yet to beat Shrewsbury in the Football League when at home (D1 L3), with all four of those games coming during him time with Rotherham.
- Shrewsbury have collected 22 points from their 10 league games in 2023 so far (W7 D1 L2), only Bolton have accrued more points in League One since the turn of the year.
Ipswich Town v Burton Albion
- Ipswich Town have won four of their five previous home league games against Burton Albion, drawing the other 0-0 in the Championship in February 2018.
- Burton Albion have won just one of their 11 Football League meetings with Ipswich Town (D1 L9), a 2-1 victory in August 2021.
- Ipswich have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three league games (W2 D1); they last enjoyed a longer such run in February 2022 (run of five).
- Burton have won as many points in their last six league games (13 – W4 D1 L1) as they did in their prior 12 (W3 D4 L5), while they’ve conceded 0.7 goals per game during that six-game period, compared to 2.1 in the previous 12.
Lincoln City v Oxford United
- Lincoln City last completed a Football League double over Oxford United in 2005-06; the Imps won this season’s reverse fixture 2-1 in August.
- Oxford United have lost five of their last six Football League visits to Lincoln City, although the other was a 6-0 win in September 2019 – a result which remains the U’s joint-biggest ever away win in the Football League.
- Lincoln are one of two sides, along with Plymouth, yet to lose a home game in League One on a Saturday this season (W2 D9 L0), with the Imps keeping a clean sheet in each of their last four such games.
- Oxford are without a win in their last eight league games, losing seven of them (D1), while they’ve already lost 16 league games so far in 2022-23, last losing more in a single campaign in 2017-18 (20).
Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic
- Plymouth won this exact fixture last season 1-0; they last won back-to-back home league games against Charlton in January 1977.
- Charlton have won six of their last eight league games against Plymouth (D1 L1), including this season’s reverse meeting in August (5-1).
- Plymouth are without a win from their last two league games (D1 L1), only once this season have the Pilgrims been on a longer such run, going four games without a victory between November/December 2022 (D3 L1).
- Charlton have lost four of their last five league games on a Saturday (W1) including each of the last three; the Addicks last endured a longer such run in October 2015 in the Championship (5 games).
Port Vale v MK Dons
- Port Vale have failed to score in each of their last three home league games versus MK Dons (D2 L1).
- MK Dons are unbeaten in four league meetings with Port Vale (W2 D2), and could complete a double over them for the first time in the Football League.
- Port Vale have only won one of their last 10 league games (D2 L7), though that win did come at home in their last such fixture against Exeter last month – they last won consecutive home games during a run of three between October/December 2022.
- MK Dons have two different players that have scored Football League hat-tricks against Port Vale, with Will Grigg doing so for Wigan in January 2016 and Mohamed Eisa for Cheltenham in February 2018, although both trebles came at home.
Sheffield Wednesday v Peterborough United
- This will be Sheffield Wednesday’s first home league game against Peterborough United since a 2-1 win in November 2012; the Owls have won five of their last six such meetings (L1).
- Peterborough have won four of their last five league meetings with Sheffield Wednesday (L1), including this season’s reverse match in August (2-0).
- Sheffield Wednesday have won six consecutive league games at Hillsborough, averaging 2.8 goals per game during that time; they last enjoyed a longer such run in October 2011 also as a League One side (7 wins).
- Peterborough have won three of their last four away league games (L1), as many as in their first 12 such games of the campaign (W3 D1 L8), with each of their last six goals on the road coming from different players (Mason-Clark, Clarke-Harris, Kyprianou, Taylor, Ward, Poku).
Wycombe Wanderers v Exeter City
- Wycombe have only lost one of their nine Football League home games against Exeter (W4 D4), a 0-1 defeat in January 2013.
- Exeter won this season’s reverse meeting with Wycombe 3-1 in August; only in 2012-13 have they completed a Football League double over the Chairboys.
- Matt Bloomfield lost his first league match in charge of Wycombe against Shrewsbury 2-0, in the Football League only Terry Evans in January 1999 has lost each of his first two league fixtures in charge of the Chairboys.
- Exeter have failed to score in each of their last two away league games (L2); the Grecians last went three Football League games on their travels without scoring in August 2014 in League Two.