Here are all the key stats and facts ahead of kick-off this weekend in Sky Bet League One!
Sheffield Wednesday v Bolton Wanderers
- Sheffield Wednesday are unbeaten in their last six league meetings with Bolton (W4 D2) since a 1-2 defeat in October 2017.
- Bolton’s last two league visits to Sheffield Wednesday have both ended in 1-0 defeats for the Trotters. Not since October 1960 have they lost three in a row without scoring away to the Owls.
- Sheffield Wednesday have avoided defeat in their last 22 league games (W16 D6) - their longest ever unbeaten run in the football league. In that run, the Owls have also won their last seven home games, which is their longest winning run in the league since January 1964 (eight games).
- Bolton are unbeaten in their last six league games played on a Friday (W3 D3) since a 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa in the Championship in April 2019.
Lincoln City v Peterborough United
- Lincoln are unbeaten in their last four home league games against Peterborough (W2 D2) since a 1-2 reverse in September 2005.
- Peterborough are looking to complete their first league double over Lincoln City since 1990-91, having won this season’s reverse fixture 4-0 in August.
- Lincoln have drawn 13 of their 17 home league games this season (W4); only four sides have ever drawn more home matches in a single Football League campaign: Southport in 1973-74, Grimsby in 1993-94, Bristol City in 1999-00, and AFC Wimbledon in 2021-22 (all 14).
- Peterborough have won just one of their last five away league games against sides from Lincolnshire (D2 L2), with a 0-2 victory at Scunthorpe in October 2018.
Accrington Stanley v MK Dons
- Accrington Stanley are unbeaten in their last three home league meetings with MK Dons (W2 D1) since going down 0-1 in March 2008.
- MK Dons are unbeaten in their last four league games against Accrington Stanley (W2 D2) since a 2-1 defeat in December 2020.
- Accrington Stanley have won just one of their last eight league games against sides from Buckinghamshire (D2 L5), a 3-2 home victory over Wycombe in February 2022.
- MK Dons are winless in their last four away league games (D1 L3) - the Dons last went five such games without a win between September 2019 and November 2020 (run of 20, D8 L12).
Bristol Rovers v Portsmouth
- Bristol Rovers won their last home league match against Portsmouth 3-1 in February 2021. Only in March 1961 have they have won back-to-back Football League home games against Pompey.
- Portsmouth last completed a league double over Bristol Rovers in 2015-16; after they won this season’s reverse clash 3-1 in August.
- Bristol Rovers manager Joey Barton has won just one of his seven games against Portsmouth in the Football League (D2 L4), a 1-0 home victory with Fleetwood in February 2020.
- Portsmouth have avoided defeat while keeping a clean sheet in each of their last two away league games on a Saturday, with Pompey last keeping a clean sheet in three consecutive such matches in the same season in March 2011 in the Championship (W3).
Cambridge United v Charlton Athletic
- Cambridge United’s last league win over Charlton dates back to February 1992; they have failed to win five such meetings since (D2 L3).
- Having won none of their first seven away games at Cambridge United in the Football League (D2 L5), Charlton have since won both of their last two, a 1-0 win in August 1992 and 2-0 in April 2022.
- Cambridge manager Mark Bonner is winless in his last three games against Charlton in the Football League (D1 L2), losing his only previous home game against the Addicks 0-2 in April 2022.
- Charlton are unbeaten in their last five league matches against sides from Cambridgeshire (W2 D3), drawing their last such match 0-0 at Peterborough last month.
Cheltenham Town v Exeter City
- Cheltenham have won each of their last three league games against Exeter, this after having failed to win each of their previous 10 beforehand (D3 L7).
- Exeter won 7-0 away at Cheltenham in the League Cup earlier this season; the result is their biggest ever competitive away win as a Football League side.
- Cheltenham have lost just one of their last five home league games (W1 D3), keeping a clean sheet in all four matches that they avoided defeat in. However, the one such loss saw them fall to a 0-4 defeat against Barnsley.
- Exeter have lost just one of their last 11 away matches against sides from Gloucestershire in the Football League (W6 D4), a 5-3 defeat at Cheltenham in December 2020 in League Two.
Derby County v Fleetwood Town
- The only previous league meeting between Derby County and Fleetwood Town was a goalless draw in this season’s reverse meeting.
- Derby have won each of their last four matches when facing a side at home for a very first time in the Football League by an aggregate score of 15-0, all wins this season over Forest Green, Accrington Stanley, Morecambe and Cheltenham.
- Derby boss Paul Warne has lost three of his five managerial meetings with Fleetwood Town in League One (W1 D1), each with Rotherham United from 2017 to 2022.
- Fleetwood have lost their last two away league matches in the Football League - the Fisherman last lost three such games in March 2022 (run of four).
Ipswich Town v Shrewsbury Town
- Ipswich are unbeaten in their last 10 league meetings with Shrewsbury (W7 D3) since a 2-1 defeat in January 1987.
- Shrewsbury have lost each of their last eight league visits to Ipswich, a run that began in 1955, since a 0-0 draw in March 1954.
- Ipswich are unbeaten in their last 11 home league games (W7 D4) – the Tractor Boys’ longest such unbeaten run across the same campaign since March 2010 in the Championship (run of 14, W7 D7).
- Shrewsbury manager Steve Cotterill is winless in his last five Football League meetings with Ipswich (D3 L2) since a 1-3 away victory with Nottingham Forest in January 2012 in the Championship.
Morecambe v Oxford United
- Morecambe won this exact fixture last season 2-1, and have never won back-to-back home games against Oxford United in the Football League.
- Seven of Oxford United’s last 13 league meetings with Morecambe have finished level (3 wins each), including this season’s reverse fixture in August (1-1).
- Morecambe have failed to score in their last two home league games on a Saturday (D1 L1), with the Shrimps last failing to do so in three such consecutive games across the same campaign in September 2018 as a League Two side.
- Oxford United are winless in their last five away games in the Football League (D1 L4), while the U’s last went six such games without a win between May and September 2019 (D2 L4).
Plymouth Argyle v Forest Green Rovers
- This will be Plymouth’s first ever home Football League game against Forest Green. The Pilgrims have only lost one of the last 20 occasions they have a faced a side at home for the first time in the top four tiers (W12 D7), a 0-2 defeat by AFC Wimbledon in August 2011.
- Forest Green have lost both of their previous Football League meetings with Plymouth, going down 1-0 in November 2019 and 3-0 in August 2022, both at home.
- Plymouth have lost just one of their 18 home league games this season (W16 D1), while no side in the top four tiers have won more such games than the Pilgrims across 2022-23.
- Forest Green have lost their last two away games in the Football League, and are looking to avoid three successive such defeats for the first time since March 2019 in League Two.
Port Vale v Burton Albion
- Port Vale are looking to complete a Football League double over Burton Albion for the very first time, having won this season’s reverse meeting 2-0 in August.
- This will be Burton Albion’s first league visit to Port Vale since they won 4-0 in March 2016; they had lost their first four Football League away games against the Valiants before then.
- Port Vale have lost just one of their last 11 home league games against fellow sides from Staffordshire (W5 D5), with that a 0-4 defeat against Burton in March 2016.
- Burton Albion’s Dino Maamria has never lost against Port Vale as a manager in the Football League, winning one and drawing two games across spells with Stevenage and Oldham.
Wycombe Wanderers v Barnsley
- Wycombe won their reverse meeting with Barnsley this season 3-0 in August; the Chairboys have never previously completed a Football League double over the Tykes.
- Barnsley have only lost one of four previous Football League away games at Wycombe (W2 D1), a 1-0 defeat in December 2018 under Daniel Stendel.
- Wycombe have lost just one of their last 11 home games in the Football League (W7 D3), a 0-1 defeat to league leaders Sheffield Wednesday in January.
- Barnsley have avoided defeat in their last five away league games (W3 D2) - the Tykes last went six such games unbeaten in April 2021 in the Championship (run of 7, W6 D1).