Get the lowdown in the Sky Bet Championship this weekend with our pre-match stat pack!
Stoke City v Blackburn Rovers
- Stoke are looking to complete their first league double over Blackburn Rovers since the 2011-12 campaign in the Premier League.
- Blackburn have won three of their last four away league games against Stoke (L1), having lost their previous four visits to the Potters.
- In Stoke’s last eight league games, they have either failed to score (four times) or scored at least three times (four times), scoring 15 goals in the four games in which they’ve found the net (W4 D1 L3). Their three defeats in this run have all been 1-0 defeats.
- Blackburn have won their last four league matches, keeping three clean sheets in this run. They are looking for five wins in a row for the first time since November/December 2021 (six in a row).
- Stoke midfielder William Smallbone assisted three goals in their 5-1 win over Sunderland, as many as he had managed in his first 47 league appearances for the Potters and Southampton combined.
Bristol City v Blackpool
- Bristol City have won none of their last eight league games against Blackpool (D5 L3) since a 2-0 home win in September 2009.
- Blackpool have won two of their last 14 away league games against Bristol City (D5 L7), winning 4-2 in August 2006 and 3-1 in February 2012.
- Bristol City are unbeaten in their last five home league matches (W3 D2), last enjoying a longer unbeaten run at Ashton Gate between August and November 2019 (eight unbeaten).
- Blackpool have scored just 10 league goals in their last 18 Championship games (W1 D7 L10) – they had scored 13 goals in their five games before this run (W3 D1 L1).
- Blackpool boss Mick McCarthy has won just two of his last 11 league matches against Bristol City (D3 L6), although he did win in his last visit to Ashton Gate in February 2021 (2-0 win with Cardiff).
Birmingham City v Rotherham United
- Birmingham City have won seven of their last 10 home league games against Rotherham United (D2 L1).
- Rotherham are looking to complete a league double over Birmingham for the first time since the 1966-67 season.
- Birmingham City have picked up just seven points in their last 12 league matches (W2 D1 L9), losing five of their last six on home soil (W1).
- Rotherham have won two of their last three league games (D1), as many as they’d won in their previous 18 matches (W2 D6 L10).
- Jordan Hugill scored two goals in Rotherham’s 3-1 win over QPR last time out – Hugill last scored in consecutive league appearances in July 2020, while he was playing for QPR.
Burnley v Wigan Athletic
- Burnley won 5-1 against Wigan earlier this season and are looking to complete a league double over the Latics for the first time.
- This is Wigan’s first league visit to Burnley since April 2014, losing 2-0 with Ashley Barnes and Michael Kightly scoring for the Clarets.
- Burnley have scored in each of their last 23 league matches at Turf Moor – they’ve only had one longer run this century, scoring in 24 in a row between January 2009 and March 2010.
- Wigan’s Will Keane has scored in both of his league starts against Burnley, scoring in his only previous league start at Turf Moor in December 2015 for Preston in what was Burnley’s last home Championship defeat.
- Burnley have only lost two of their 35 league games this season (W22 D11), the joint fewest defeats by a team at this stage of a second tier season, along with Bristol City in 1905-06, Middlesbrough in 1973-74 and Reading in 2005-06.
Coventry City v Hull City
- Coventry City have lost their last three home league matches against Hull City, failing to score in each defeat.
- Hull City won 3-2 at home earlier this season in the Championship against Coventry – there haven’t been two home wins in this fixture in a league season since 1949-50.
- Coventry City have only lost one of their last 12 home league matches (W7 D4), losing 4-2 to Norwich City in January.
- Hull have kept eight clean sheets in their last 17 league matches, conceding only 13 goals (0.7 per game). In their first 18 league matches, they kept one clean sheet and conceded 35 goals (1.9 per game).
- Viktor Gyökeres has been involved in seven goals in his last five league games (5 goals, 2 assists), netting 17 goals in the Championship this season, as many as he did last season. The last Sky Blues player with more league goals in a season was Marc McNulty in 2017-18 (23 - excl. play-offs).
Preston North End v Cardiff City
- Preston North End have failed to win any of their last seven league matches against Cardiff City (D3 L4), with the last two ending goalless.
- Cardiff have won their last three league visits to Preston, as many as in their previous 23 visits to the Lilywhites.
- Preston have drawn three of their last four league matches goalless, taking their goalless draw totals to nine this season in the Championship. The last Championship side with 10 goalless draws in a season were Swansea City in 2009-10.
- Cardiff City have won three of their last four league matches, one more in their previous 18 league games combined (W2 D5 L11).
- Cardiff have kept three clean sheets in their last four league matches, having only kept two in their previous 12 games.
QPR v Watford
- Queens Park Rangers are looking to complete a league double over Watford for the first time since the 1986-87 top-flight campaign.
- Watford are winless in their last six league matches against QPR (D2 L4) since a 3-1 away win in December 2010 which ended QPR’s 19-game unbeaten start to the 2010-11 season.
- Queens Park Rangers have lost their last five league matches, last losing more consecutively in January and February 2019 (seven in a row).
- Watford have won just one of their last eight league games (D5 L2) since winning their first two games in 2023 against Norwich and Blackpool.
- QPR are winless in nine home league matches (D2 L7) – the Hoops have only gone 10 home league games without a win once before, doing so between December 1968 and March 1969.
Reading v Millwall
- Reading are looking to complete a league double over Millwall for the first time since the 2005-06 campaign when they won the Championship title.
- Millwall have won their last two away league games against Reading and are looking to win three in a row for the first time in their league history.
- Reading haven’t won any of their last eight home league games against sides from London (D3 L5) since beating QPR in December 2019.
- Millwall have conceded five goals in their last two league matches (D1 L1), having only conceding seven times in their previous 11 games combined (W6 D3 L2).
- Millwall’s Tom Bradshaw has scored six goals in his last five league appearances and has netted 13 in total this season – he last netted more league goals in a season in 2015-16 at Walsall (17).
Sheffield United v Luton Town
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in their last six league matches against Luton Town (W3 D3) since losing 1-0 in January 1996.
- Luton have lost their last three away league visits to Sheffield United since winning 3-1 in October 1994 under David Pleat.
- Sheffield United have won six of their last seven home league matches (L1), keeping four clean sheets in these six victories at Bramall Lane.
- Luton Town have won nine away league games this season, equalling their totals in the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons. The Hatters have never won 10 away league games in a season within the top-two tiers of English football.
- Carlton Morris has been involved in 19 goals in 34 league appearances this season (14 goals, 5 assists) for Luton Town and netted in the reverse fixture against Sheffield United earlier this campaign. It’s the most goals and assists he’s registered in an English league campaign.
Swansea City v Middlesbrough
- Swansea are unbeaten in their last six home league matches against Middlesbrough (W4 D2) since a 3-0 defeat in August 2009.
- Middlesbrough are looking for their first league double over Swansea City since the 1964-65 campaign.
- Swansea have lost five of their last seven league games (W1 D1), as many as in their previous 19 games combined (W8 D6 L5).
- Middlesbrough have won 43 points in their 19 Championship games under Michael Carrick (W14 D1 L4) – only Burnley have won more points since Carrick’s first game (45).
- Middlesbrough’s Ryan Giles has assisted nine league goals this season – the last Middlesbrough player with more in a season was Adama Traoré in 2017-18 (10).
West Bromwich Albion v Huddersfield Town
- West Bromwich Albion have won one of their last eight league games against Huddersfield Town (D3 L4), winning 4-2 at home in September 2019.
- Huddersfield have only lost two of their last 10 league visits to West Brom (W4 D4), losing 3-1 in November 1998 and 3-2 in September 2019.
- This will be West Brom manager Carlos Corberan’s first league match against Huddersfield Town since leaving the club at the end of last season. He will face Neil Warnock, who has faced a different Baggies manager in his last five league games against them (Di Matteo, Hodgson, Irvine, Bilic, Ismael).
- Huddersfield Town have picked up just 10 away points in the Championship this season, the fewest of any side (W2 D4 L11). The Terries have lost their last three away league games without scoring, last losing more consecutively without scoring between October and December 2017 (five).
- Huddersfield’s Danny Ward has scored four goals in his two league appearances at the Hawthorns against West Bromwich Albion, netting a brace in each game (October 2019 with Cardiff, March 2022 with Huddersfield).
Norwich City v Sunderland
- Norwich City are looking to complete their first league double over Sunderland since the 1997-98 campaign.
- This is Sunderland’s first league visit to Norwich since August 2017, winning 3-1 with a brace from Lewis Grabban and a goal from Aiden McGeady.
- Norwich City have either failed to score (three times) or scored at least twice (six times) in their last nine league games (W6 D1 L2), winning their last three in a row.
- Sunderland have lost their last three league matches – the Black Cats haven’t lost four in a row since August/September 2017.
- Norwich’s Gabriel Sara has been involved in five goals in his last five league appearances (3 goals, 2 assists), scoring and assisting in two of those five games.