After Newcastle United's 1-0 Carabao Cup Semi-Final first leg win over Southampton at St Mary's, here are the best post-match stats from the game.
● Southampton have lost four of their last five home games in all competitions (W1), after losing just one of the five before that (W1 D3).
● Newcastle won an away Carabao Cup game against Premier League opposition for the first time since October 2014, when they beat Manchester City 2-0 (lost 0-4 to Tottenham Hotspur in December 2014 and drew 1-1 with Hull City in November 2016).
● Duje Caleta-Car’s red card was Southampton’s first dismissal in any competition in over 12 months, since Yan Valery saw red against Swansea City in the FA Cup on January 8th 2022.
● Newcastle have kept 16 clean sheets in all competitions this season, two more than any other side in Europe’s big five leagues.
● Newcastle have kept a clean sheet in 10 of their last 11 games in all competitions, conceding only to Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup in January in that run (a 1-2 defeat).
● Nick Pope kept his 16th clean sheet in all competitions for Newcastle, with only Leyton Orient’s Lawrence Vigouroux managing more (17) among ‘keepers for English League sides this season.
● Joelinton has scored three goals in his last eight games in all competitions for Newcastle, as many as he managed in his previous 27.