Ahead of the weekend, let's take a look at the facts and figures surrounding the Sky Bet Championship schedule:
Rotherham United v Blackburn Rovers
- Rotherham have won just one of their last 12 league games against Blackburn (D4 L7), a 3-2 home win in March 2019.
- Blackburn are winless in their last four league visits to Rotherham (D3 L1) since a 1-0 win in April 2016 under manager Paul Lambert.
- Blackburn are the only side in England’s top four divisions yet to draw a league game this season (W14 L12). Indeed, despite sitting in third place, only two sides (Wigan/Huddersfield – 14) have lost more Championship games than Blackburn this term.
- Rotherham are without a win in each of their last six league games (D2 L4), losing the last two in a row without scoring.
- Ben Brereton Diaz has been directly involved in six more league goals than any other Blackburn player this season (13 - 9 goals, 4 assists).
Bristol City v Birmingham City
- Bristol City have won just three of their last 24 league matches against Birmingham City (D4 L17) and have lost their last three against the Blues.
- Birmingham have won nine of their last 11 away league visits to Bristol City (D1 L1) and have won their last four in a row at Ashton Gate.
- Bristol City have scored a joint-league-high nine headed goals this season, while only Reading (11) have conceded more headed goals in the Championship this term than the Robins (9).
- Birmingham have lost their last three league games, last losing four consecutively back in July 2020.
- Bristol City are without a win in each of their last six Championship games at Ashton Gate (D2 L4), losing the last two in a row.
Burnley v Coventry City
- Burnley have lost just one of their last nine league games against Coventry City (W5 D3), losing 1-0 away from home in November 2010.
- This is the first league meeting between Burnley and Coventry at Turf Moor since April 2012, a 1-1 draw. Coventry’s last win there was back in May 2007 under Iain Dowie.
- Burnley are the only side in the Championship yet to lose a home game in 2022-23, with the Clarets winning the most points on home soil (31).
- No side has kept more clean sheets in the Championship this season than Coventry City (12), with the Sky Blues already recording two more shutouts than in 2021-22 (10).
- Burnley’s Ian Maatsen has been directly involved in eight league goals this season (4 goals, 4 assists), twice as many goal involvements as he registered last season in the Championship for Coventry City (3 goals, 1 assist).
Cardiff City v Wigan Athletic
- Following a 3-1 win over Wigan in October, Cardiff are looking to complete a league double over Wigan for just a second time, also doing so in 2014-15.
- Wigan have lost just one of their last nine league visits to Cardiff (W3 D5), conceding just five times across this run.
- No side has dropped more points from winning positions in the Championship this season than Wigan Athletic (17).
- Cardiff are without a win in each of their last seven league games (D4 L3) - only Blackpool (9) are currently enduring a longer winless run in the Championship.
- Wigan have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 13 league games, the current longest run without a shutout in the Championship.
Hull City v Huddersfield Town
- Hull have lost their last five league games against Huddersfield Town, scoring just one goal across these defeats.
- Huddersfield Town have won their last two away league games against Hull City, having picked up just one point in their six league visits before this run (D1 L5).
- Huddersfield Town have won just eight points in away games this season, the lowest total in the Championship.
- Hull have conceded more goals following a high turnover than any other Championship team this season (8), with two of these coming under Liam Rosenior.
- After failing to score in eight consecutive league appearances, Hull’s Óscar Estupiñán has found the back of the net in each of his last three (3 goals).
Luton Town v West Bromwich Albion
- Luton have kept a clean sheet in their last two league games against West Bromwich Albion, having conceded at least twice in each of their five games against the Baggies before this run.
- West Brom have lost one of their last seven league matches against Luton Town (W4 D2), though it came at Kenilworth Road last season.
- West Brom have picked up eight wins in their 10 league games under Carlos Corberan (L2), keeping seven clean sheets in the process. In fact, only Sheffield United (25) have won more points in this period than the Baggies (24).
- After losing his first game in charge against Middlesbrough, Rob Edwards has since guided Luton to three consecutive league wins – with the Hatters last winning four consecutive Championship games in September 2020.
- On average, the ball has been in play for just 49 minutes and 26 seconds in Luton’s league games this season, the lowest such average in the Championship.
Middlesbrough v Millwall
- Middlesbrough are winless in their last four league matches against Millwall (D2 L2) since beating them twice in 2020.
- Following a 2-0 win over Middlesbrough in October, Millwall are looking to complete a league double over them for the first time since the 2012-13 season.
- Millwall have lost just one of their last eight games in the Championship (W3 D4), recording five clean sheets in the process.
- Millwall’s Zian Flemming has scored 10 goals from an expected goals total of 5.3, meaning he’s outscored his xG by 4.7 this season – the second highest such differential in the Championship behind only Burnley’s Manuel Benson (+5).
- Michael Carrick has won 22 points in his first 10 games in charge of Middlesbrough, the most by a Middlesbrough manager since Bryan Robson in 1994 (23).
Preston North End v Norwich City
- Preston North End are looking to complete their first league double over Norwich City since the 2005-06 campaign.
- Norwich are winless in three league visits to Preston North End (D2 L1) since winning 3-1 in April 2017 under Alan Irvine.
- None of Preston North End’s last 15 matches in the Championship have finished in a draw, with the Lilywhites winning eight times in this run (L7).
- Norwich City have won just three times in their last 15 matches in the Championship (D4 L8), though two of those victories came away from home.
- Ched Evans has had a hand in seven goals in the Championship this season (6 goals, 1 assist), his best return for Preston in a single league campaign.
Reading v Queens Park Rangers
- Reading have lost their last two league games against Queens Park Rangers but have never previously lost three in a row against the Hoops.
- QPR are looking for their first league double over Reading since the 2010-11 season under Neil Warnock, winning promotion that season.
- Reading have won 69.4% of their points in home games this season (25/36), the highest such share in the Championship.
- QPR have scored just one goal in their last five away league games (W1 D2 L2), although they’ve also kept three clean sheets in the process.
- No player has scored more Championship goals from outside the box this season than QPR’s Ilias Chair (4), while he has also created the most goalscoring chances in the division (67).
Sheffield United v Stoke City
- Sheffield United have lost their last two league games against Stoke, last losing three in a row against the Potters between 1975 and 1978, a run of five.
- Stoke are looking for their first league double over Sheffield United since the 1977-78 campaign, following a 3-1 win earlier this campaign.
- Sheffield United have won 51 points from their 26 league games this season – the most they’ve accumulated at this stage of a Championship campaign since 2005-06 (56), when they went on to finish second.
- Stoke City have conceded first in more league games than any other Championship side so far in 2022-23 (17). In contrast, only Burnley (19) have opened the scoring more often in the second tier this term than Sheffield United (17).
- No Championship side has scored more goals in the 90th minute or later this season than Stoke City (4).
Sunderland v Swansea City
- Sunderland have won just two of their last 19 league games against Swansea (D8 L9), losing 2-1 against the Swans earlier this season.
- This is Swansea’s first away league visit to Sunderland since May 2017 in the Premier League, winning 2-0. They are unbeaten in their last five at the Stadium of Light (W2 D3).
- Following their 2-1 victory against Blackburn on Boxing Day, Sunderland are looking to win consecutive Championship matches at the Stadium of Light for the first time since April 2007 (run of 4).
- Swansea have only picked up one victory in their last 10 matches in the Championship (D5 L4) – 4-0 at home to Watford in December.
- Sunderland striker Ross Stewart has the best minutes-per-goal ratio in the Championship this season (min. 4 goals), averaging a goal every 96 minutes (9 goals in 11 apps).
Watford v Blackpool
- This is the first time Watford have hosted Blackpool for a league game since January 2015, winning 7-2 despite falling 2-0 behind.
- Blackpool are looking for their first ever league double over Watford, following a 3-1 victory at Bloomfield Road earlier this season.
- Watford have failed to score in their last two home league games – last failing to score in three in a row at Vicarage Road in the Championship in December 2013 (4).
- Blackpool are currently enduring the longest winless run in the Championship, with the Tangerines going nine games without a win (D4 L5).
- No Championship side has scored fewer league goals via Englishmen (exc. own goals) this season than Watford (5).