Take a look at some of the key figures ahead of the Sky Bet Championship weekend schedule!
Coventry City v Norwich City
- Coventry are winless in their last five league matches against Norwich (D2 L3), losing each of their last two.
- Norwich are looking to complete their first league double over Coventry City since the 1980-81 season, when both sides were in the top-flight.
- Coventry have won only one of their last seven games in the Championship (D3 L3), and are winless in each of the last four.
- Following their 4-0 win against Preston last time out, Norwich are looking to record consecutive Championship wins for the first time since September (a run of 6). Indeed, the Canaries netted as many goals versus Preston as they did in their previous six league games combined (4).
- Norwich’s Teemu Pukki has reached double figures for goals in each of his three seasons in the Championship, netting 10 goals so far in 2022-23. Overall, the striker has been directly involved in 84 goals in 110 appearances in the Championship (65 goals, 19 assists).
Birmingham City v Preston North End
- Birmingham City are looking for their first league double over Preston North End since the 2000-01 campaign under manager Trevor Francis.
- Preston have kept a clean sheet in their last three away league games against Birmingham (W2 D1) since losing 3-0 in December 2018.
- Birmingham have lost their last four league games, one more than they’d lost in their previous 16 matches combined (W7 D6 L3).
- Preston have scored the fewest goals in open play in the Championship this season, scoring 13 times. However, only Burnley (18) and Sheffield United (15) have conceded fewer open play goals this term than Preston (20).
- Preston have won 24 away points this season, only Sheffield United (27) and Burnley (25) have won more on the road in the Championship this term.
Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers
- Bristol City are looking for their first league double over Blackburn Rovers since the 2018-19 campaign, having won 3-2 earlier this season at Ewood Park.
- Blackburn have won none of their last five league games against Bristol City (D2 L3) since a 3-1 victory in June 2020.
- Bristol City have only picked up two wins from their last 11 league games, although one of these wins came last time out – they last won consecutively in the Championship in September this season when the second win came versus Blackburn.
- Blackburn haven’t drawn any of their last 32 league games (W16 L16) – their longest ever run without a draw in their league history.
- Bristol City’s Nahki Wells has scored more Championship goals against Blackburn than he has versus any other side (7).
Cardiff City v Millwall
- Cardiff have lost their last two league games against Millwall, having gone unbeaten in the eight games previously, although seven of those were draws.
- Millwall are looking for their first league double over Cardiff since the 1974-75 campaign, having won 2-0 earlier this season.
- Cardiff City have scored fewer goals than any other Championship team this season (21), only in 2013-14 (19 - Premier League) have the Bluebirds netted fewer at this stage in their league history.
- Millwall have scored more goals via set pieces than any other side in the Championship (exc. penalties), with the Lions netting 18 times. Indeed, seven of their 12 away goals this season have come via set piece situations.
- No side has failed to score in more Championship matches this season than Cardiff City (12 – level with Preston).
QPR v Swansea City
- QPR have won three of their last 13 league games against Swansea City (D3 L7) and lost 1-0 against them earlier this season.
- Swansea City are unbeaten in their last three league visits to QPR (W2 D1) since losing 4-0 back in April 2019 under Graham Potter.
- QPR have won just one of their last 12 games in all competitions (D4 L7), with the R’s losing four of their last five at Loftus Road (D1).
- Swansea have won two of their last three league games (L1), as many as they’d won in their previous 11 combined.
- Neil Critchley has won just one of his first six games in all competitions as QPR manager (W1 D3 L2), the exact same record as predecessor Michael Beale held after his first six in charge.
Stoke City v Reading
- Stoke have lost their last two league matches against Reading, having gone unbeaten in their previous nine games against the Royals.
- Reading are looking to complete their first league double over Stoke since 2005-06, when the Royals won the Championship.
- Stoke have scored the opening goal in fewer games this season than any other Championship side (8). At the other end, Stoke have conceded the first goal more often than any other team (18).
- Only Wigan (12,710 minutes) have given more minutes to players aged 30 or over in the Championship this season than Reading (11,834).
- Reading have won just one of their last nine away league games (D2 L6), winning 2-1 at Hull back in November.
Watford v Rotherham United
- Watford are unbeaten in nine league matches against Rotherham United (W6 D3) since losing 2-1 at Vicarage Road in February 2003.
- Rotherham haven’t scored in any of their last four away league matches against Watford (D1 L3).
- Watford have won their last two league games without conceding a goal – they last won three games in a row while keeping a clean sheet in each victory back in December 2015 in the Premier League.
- No Championship side has won fewer away games in 2022-23 than Rotherham, with the Millers picking up just two away wins.
- Rotherham’s Viktor Johansson has made more saves than any other goalkeeper in the Championship this season (112), while only West Brom’s Alex Palmer (76.6%) has a better save percentage (min. 15 saves) than Johansson (74.2%).
Wigan Athletic v Luton Town
- Wigan are looking for their first league double over Luton Town since the 2000-01 campaign under manager Bruce Rioch.
- Luton Town have only won two of their 13 games against Wigan in the Football League (D6 L5), a 3-1 win in 1998 and a 2-1 win in 2019.
- No Championship side has seen more goals via corners netted in their matches this season than Wigan (16), with the Latics scoring eight and conceding eight such goals.
- Luton Town have dropped more points from leading positions than any other Championship team this season (19), with the Hatters leading last time out against West Brom before falling to defeat.
- Wigan have won fewer points at home than any other team in the second tier this season, picking up just nine points from 14 matches (W2 D3 L9).
Sunderland v Middlesbrough
- Sunderland are winless in their last six league games against Middlesbrough (D2 L4) since a 2-0 win in September 2008.
- This is the first league meeting between Sunderland and Middlesbrough at the Stadium of Light since February 2018, a 3-3 draw with both teams having a man sent off.
- Sunderland have lost four of their last six home league games (W2), as many as they’d lost in their previous 23 combined.
- Middlesbrough have won seven of their last eight Championship games (L1), including each of the last four in a row. They last won five consecutive league games back in April 2016 (a run of six).
- Sunderland’s Ross Stewart has been directly involved in 12 goals in 12 Championship appearances this season (9 goals, 3 assists), averaging a goal involvement every 79 minutes – the best such ratio in the division (min. 400 minutes played).