Here are all the stats you need to know ahead of a reduced EFL midweek schedule.
Tuesday, 20th January 2023
Sky Bet Championship
Luton Town v Cardiff City
- Luton are looking to complete a league double over Cardiff for the first time since the 1999-2000 season, having won 2-1 earlier this campaign.
- Cardiff have won their last three away league games against Luton and are unbeaten in their last five visits to Kenilworth Road (W3 D2).
- Luton have won four of their last five league games (L1) although they did lose their most recent game at Kenilworth Road, a 3-2 defeat to West Brom.
- Since the start of last season, only Reading (38) have lost more Championship games than Cardiff City (36).
- Cardiff’s last 12 league games have either been drawn (5) or won by a one-goal margin (7), with Cardiff on the losing side in five of those games.
Sky Bet League One
Carlisle United v Barrow
- Carlisle are unbeaten in their last 10 league games against Barrow (W6 D4) since a 5-1 defeat back in April 1960.
- Barrow have only won one of their last 13 league visits to Carlisle (D5 L7), a 1-0 win in November 1959.
- Carlisle United have won their last three home league matches; they haven’t won four in a row on home soil since a run of six between March and November 2020.
- Barrow are unbeaten in their last three away league games (W1 D2), last enjoying a longer away unbeaten run in the EFL in December 1966 (four wins in a row).
Crewe Alexandra v Stockport County
- This is Crewe’s first home league game against Stockport since April 2011, a 2-0 win for the Railwaymen.
- A win for Stockport against Crewe will see them complete a league double over the Railwaymen for the first time since the 2008-09 campaign in League One.
- Crewe haven’t scored more than once in any of their last 19 league games. Only once have they gone 20 league games without netting more than one goal, doing so between November 1981 and March 1982.
- Stockport shipped 11 goals in their opening five away league games, conceding more than once in every game. Since then, they’ve only let in two goals in seven away league games and never more than one goal in a game, keeping five clean sheets.
Salford City v Walsall
- Salford have won four of their six league matches against Walsall (L2), winning the most recent clash in March last year, a 2-1 win.
- Walsall have lost their last two league visits to Salford, with their only victory there coming in January 2020 under manager Darrell Clarke.
- Salford have won their last two home league matches, having won none of their previous eight on home soil (D4 L4).
- Walsall manager Michael Flynn is winless in all five of his League Two matches against Salford City (D2 L3).
Wednesday, 1 February 2023
Sky Bet League One
Oxford United v Barnsley
- Oxford are unbeaten in their last five home league games against Barnsley (W2 D3) since a 1-0 defeat in November 1991.
- Barnsley have scored six goals in their last two EFL games against Oxford (W1 D1), as many as in their previous 11 such meetings.
- Oxford have won three of their last five league games at the Kassam Stadium (D1 L1), and could win consecutively in the league there for the first time since March.
- Barnsley have lost just two of their last 10 league games (W7 D1), though one of those defeats was their last league fixture on the road against Charlton (0-2).