Here are all the key stats and facts ahead of this weekend in Sky Bet League One!
Barnsley v Derby County
- Barnsley have won only three of their last 15 Football League meetings with Derby (D3 L9), including defeats on each of the previous two occasions.
- Derby have won just two of their prior 11 Football League away matches against Barnsley (D5 L4), with both wins coming in the Championship in December 2013 (2-1) and December 2017 (3-0).
- Since losing 3-0 to Bolton and 2-0 to Charlton, Barnsley have won five of their last six league games (D1), conceding just four goals in that time and scoring an average of 2.5 goals per game (15 goals).
- Derby lost their last away league game against Wycombe, not since March 1985 have the Rams lost successive away league fixtures in the same season outside the top two tier.
Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale
- Bolton have lost only one of their last 16 Football League games against Port Vale (W9 D6); a 6-3 home defeat in December 2020.
- Port Vale won their last away Football League game against Bolton in December 2020, having failed to win any of their first 16 trips there (D2 L14).
- Bolton have kept a clean sheet in each of their previous seven home league games – the last side in the third tier to go eight such games without conceding was Chesterfield in November 2002.
- Port Vale manager Darrell Clarke has won only one of his five previous Football League meetings with Bolton (D2 L2), winning 2-1 while in charge of Walsall in December 2020.
Burton Albion v Accrington Stanley
- Burton Albion are unbeaten in each of their previous six Football League games against Accrington (W2 D4), scoring four goals in two of their last three meetings with them (4-0 in November 2021, 4-4 in August 2022).
- After winning two of their first three trips to Burton in the Football League (D1), Accrington are winless in their last seven such games (D1 L6).
- Burton have won four of their last five league games (L1), and are looking to win three successive home league fixtures for the first time since January 2022.
- Accrington have lost only one of their last four league fixtures (W1 D2 L1), and could record successive league victories for the first time since a run of three wins between September/October 2022.
Charlton Athletic v Sheffield Wednesday
- Charlton have lost five of their last six Football League encounters with Sheffield Wednesday (D1), while the Addicks have failed to score in five of those games, including each of the last four.
- Sheffield Wednesday have lost only one of their last seven Football League trips to Charlton (W2 D4), with both teams scoring at least once in six of those seven games; the exception being a goalless draw last season.
- Charlton have lost each of their previous two league games at the Valley; they last endured a longer such run there in February 2021 (run of four).
- Should they avoid defeat here, Sheffield Wednesday will set a new club record in the Football League for their longest unbeaten run, going 20 games without defeat (currently on a 19-game run - W13 D6).
Exeter City v Cambridge United
- Exeter have won each of their previous four Football League games against Cambridge at St James Park by an aggregate score of 6-0.
- Cambridge have only won two of their previous nine Football League meetings with Exeter (L7), though one of those wins came in the reverse fixture in August, winning 2-1.
- Exeter have failed to score in each of their last three league games; the Grecians last went four Football League games without a goal in February 2012.
- Cambridge have lost four of their five league games this season to newly promoted sides (W1); though their only win did come against Exeter in August, winning 2-1.
Fleetwood Town v Morecambe
- Having beaten Morecambe in each of their first two Football League encounters in 2012-13, Fleetwood are winless in each of the last five such games (D3 L2).
- Morecambe beat Fleetwood 2-1 in this exact fixture last season via a 90th minute winner from Cole Stockton, having failed to win either of the first two such games (D1 L1).
- Fleetwood’s Jayden Stockley has more Football League goals against Morecambe than any other side (8), netting in seven of his eight games against them.
- Morecambe have lost each of their last six away league games, conceding 12 goals in the prior three and failing to score in the previous four – they last went five away league games without netting in August 2018.
Forest Green Rovers v Lincoln City
- Forest Green are yet to beat Lincoln in the Football League (D1 L4); they haven’t played a side more often since promotion to the Football League in 2017-18 without winning.
- All four of Lincoln’s Football League wins over Forest Green have been by a one-goal margin, with the Imps coming from a goal down to win 2-1 in their last trip in March 2019.
- Forest Green have lost more games on home soil than any other side in League One in 2022-23 (12), including each of their last five – they’ve never had a longer such run as a Football League side before.
- No side has had more goalless draws in League One this season than Lincoln (6), with three of those coming in their last six fixtures (W2 D4).
MK Dons v Ipswich Town
- MK Dons are yet to beat Ipswich in the Football League, drawing four and losing four of their eight meetings so far - only against Bristol City and Preston (both 10) have they faced a side more often without winning.
- Each of Ipswich’s last two Football League away games against MK Dons have been drawn (after the Tractor Boys won the first two trips), with no side scoring more than once in each of the four previous encounters hosted by MK Dons.
- MK Dons have lost, and conceded five goals, in each of their last two league games; the only side to concede 5+ goals in at least three consecutive Football League games this century was Bolton in September 2019 (run of four).
- Ipswich have scored more away goals than any other side in League One this season (27), though the Tractor Boys are without a win on the road in their last six games (D4 L2).
Oxford United v Bristol Rovers
- Oxford have won two of their last three Football League games against Bristol Rovers (L1), as many as in their previous 12 matches (D2 L8); though they did lose the reverse fixture in August.
- Bristol Rovers lost on their last Football League visit to Oxford in January 2021, having won each of the last six such games.
- Oxford have lost each of their last three league games at the Kassam Stadium; they last endured a longer such run in the Football League in August 2014 (run of five).
- Bristol Rovers are winless in their last six league games (D1 L5), and could lose four successive league games on their travels for the first time since August 2021.
Peterborough United v Plymouth Argyle
- Peterborough have won three of their last four home Football League games against Plymouth (L1), one more than in their previous seven (W2 D2 L3).
- Plymouth beat Peterborough 2-0 in the reverse fixture in August – they’ve never beaten Posh home and away in the same Football League campaign, while they last won successive games against them in September 2009.
- Peterborough have conceded nine of their 15 home league goals so far this season in their last three games (60% - W1 L2), including five in their last such game against Bolton, losing 5-0 to the Trotters.
- No Plymouth player has been involved in more goals away from Home Park in the league this season than Bali Mumba, with seven of his 10 involvements coming on the road (3 goals, 4 assists).
Portsmouth v Cheltenham Town
- After each of the first five Football League games between Portsmouth and Cheltenham ended in a draw, Pompey have won two of the last four meetings, losing only once (D1).
- Cheltenham are winless in each of their four previous trips to Portsmouth in the Football League (D3 L1), with their only defeat coming in May 2017, losing 6-1.
- Portsmouth have picked up more points in their last three league games at Fratton Park (7) as they did in their prior eight (6), and could win successive such games for the first time since September (run of three).
- Cheltenham have failed to score in four of their last five league games (W1 D2 L2), while only Cambridge have failed to score in more League One games than the Robins (13) in 2022-23.
Shrewsbury Town v Wycombe Wanderers
- Shrewsbury beat Wycombe 2-1 in the reverse fixture in August; they’ve never beaten the Chairboys home and away in the same Football League season before, winning only three of their 28 previous encounters overall (D14 L11).
- Wycombe have lost only one of their last 12 Football League away games against Shrewsbury (W4 D7), losing 2-1 in March 2019.
- Shrewsbury have won each of their last three league games at home, not since their first four such games in 2017-18 have they won four in a row in a single Football League campaign.
- Wycombe have won each of their last five league games, keeping four clean sheets during that run – only in September 2006 and December 2016 (both fourth tier) have the Chairboys won six straight Football League games.