There's more Sky Bet League One on the way this weekend! Take a look at some of the key pre-match stats and facts.
Barnsley v Cambridge United
- Barnsley have won each of their last three Football League games against Cambridge, as many as in their previous 10 against them (D4 L3).
- Cambridge have only won on one of their nine previous visits to Barnsley in the Football League (D3 L5), a 3-2 victory in April 1983, with this their first trip there since March 1993.
- Barnsley’s Bobby Thomas has scored two goals in his three league games for the Tykes this season, each coming in their last two fixtures; should he score in this match (22y 12d), he’ll be the youngest player for the club to score in three successive league appearances since Jacob Brown in April 2019 (21y 12d).
- Cambridge are without a win in their last six league games (D2 L4), drawing each of their last two; they last draw three consecutive league games in October 2021.
Burton Albion v Exeter City
- Since losing their first ever Football League meeting with Exeter in September 2012, Burton are unbeaten in each of their last six such games against the Grecians (W4 D2).
- Exeter are yet to beat Burton Albion as a visiting side in the Football League, losing on two of their three trips (D1).
- Burton have won each of their last two league games, as many as their previous 11 such fixtures beforehand (D4 L5); the Brewers haven’t won three successive league games since their opening three fixtures of the 2021-22 campaign.
- Exeter have lost two of their last three league games (W1), as many as in their previous nine beforehand (W3 D4), and could lose successive league fixtures for the first time since October.
Charlton Athletic v Fleetwood Town
- Charlton are unbeaten at home to Fleetwood in the Football League (W2 D3), with those wins coming on the last two occasions.
- Since a 1-0 victory in February 2019, Fleetwood are winless in each of their last five league meetings with Charlton (D2 L3).
- Charlton have won four of their five league matches in 2023 so far (L1), just one league win fewer than their first 23 games of the campaign beforehand (W5 D10 L8).
- Fleetwood have lost six of their last seven league games (W1), including each of their previous four; the Cod Army last lost five Football League games in succession in March 2022.
Cheltenham Town v Accrington Stanley
- Cheltenham have won three of their last four home league games against Accrington (L1), having won only one of their first five as a Football League club (D1 L3).
- Accrington won the reverse game in September 1-0, only Cheltenham in 2011-12 has won home and away in this fixture in a Football League season before.
- Cheltenham are winless in their last six league games (D1 L5), and could go three league matches without a goal for the second time this season, previously doing so in August.
- Accrington’s Sean McConville has scored in each of his last two league appearances against Cheltenham; he’s never scored in three successive Football League games against an opponent before.
Ipswich Town v Sheffield Wednesday
- Ipswich are winless in their last five league games against Sheffield Wednesday (D2 L3), while the Tractor Boys have conceded at least once in each of their previous 17 league encounters with the Owls.
- Following a run of three successive defeats at Portman Road between May 2014 and August 2015, Sheffield Wednesday are unbeaten in each of their last four league trips to Ipswich (W2 D2).
- Ipswich’s Freddie Ladapo has three goals in his last two league games, and could score in three consecutive league appearances for the first time since February 2020 (run of four).
- Sheffield Wednesday have won each of their last six league games, with the Owls last enjoying a run of seven consecutive league victories as a Premier League side in February 1993, while a clean sheet here would set a new club record of six successive Football League games without conceding.
Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers
- Lincoln have won each of their last two league games against Bristol Rovers, only once in the Football League have they had a longer winning run against them between 1981 and 1983 (run of five).
- Bristol Rovers have won each of their prior two away league games against Lincoln, as many as in the previous 12 such encounters in the Football League (D2 L8).
- Lincoln have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three league games (W1 D2), not since October 2020 have the Imps gone four league fixtures in a row without conceding.
- Bristol Rovers have lost each of their previous three league games; they haven’t endured a longer such run in a single season since losing their final five games of the 2020-21 campaign in League One.
MK Dons v Oxford United
- MK Dons beat Oxford 2-1 in the reverse meeting this season, as many wins as in their previous nine Football League games against them (D3 L5).
- Oxford won on their last visit to MK Dons in the Football League in December 2021 (2-1), after drawing three of their first four such trips there (L1).
- Just nine of MK Dons’ 28 points in League One have come at home this season, while they’ve already lost 10 times on home soil in 2022-23, only losing more in a single Football League campaign during their only season in the Championship in 2015-16 (13).
- Oxford have lost each of their last four league games; not since August 2018 have the U’s lost five successive league games.
Morecambe v Forest Green Rovers
- Morecambe beat Forest Green 2-1 in September, and could do the league double over them for the first time since 2018-19.
- After failing to win any of their first two away league games against Morecambe (D1 L1), Forest Green have won on each of their last two such trips there.
- Morecambe are unbeaten in each of their last eight home league games (W5 D3), winning each of the previous four; they last won five successive such games between March and May 2010 as a League Two side.
- Forest Green are without a win in their last nine league games, losing eight of them (D1); only between August and October 2017 have they gone 10 games without a victory in the Football League (D2 L8).
Peterborough United v Bolton Wanderers
- Peterborough have alternated between a defeat (4) and victory (3) in their last seven league games against Bolton, losing 1-0 to the Trotters in September.
- Bolton have lost on each of their last three Football League visits to Peterborough, having lost only one of their first three such trips there (W2).
- Peterborough have won each of their previous three league games; they last enjoyed a longer such run in February 2021, winning all six of their League One games during that month.
- Bolton have won each of their last three league games, while their 15 wins from their 30 games so far in 2022-23 is their most at this stage of a league season since 2016-17 (17), ending that campaign with promotion to the Championship.
Plymouth Argyle v Portsmouth
- Eight of the last 11 Football League encounters between Plymouth and Portsmouth have been drawn, with the Pilgrims winning once and Pompey twice during that time.
- Portsmouth lost this exact fixture last season 1-0, not since March 1981 have they lost on successive Football League visits to Plymouth (run of three).
- Plymouth have scored 3+ goals in each of their last two league games at Home Park; not since March 2008 in the Championship have they done in three consecutive such matches.
- Only Lincoln (13) have drawn more games in League One this season than Portsmouth (11), though only three of those have come in away games (W5 L5).
Shrewsbury Town v Port Vale
- Shrewsbury are without a win in their last seven Football League games against Port Vale (D3 L4), and could lose three consecutive league fixtures against the Valiants for the first time since January 1974.
- Four of Port Vale’s last five Football League away games against Shrewsbury have been drawn (L1), with their last victory coming in October 2009.
- Shrewsbury have won each of their last five league games; the Shrews last won six league fixtures in succession in April 2015 in League Two under Micky Mellon.
- Port Vale kept a clean sheet in their last away league game against Cheltenham (0-0); the Valiants could do so in consecutive League One away games for the first time since April 2017.
Wycombe Wanderers v Derby County
- Wycombe are yet to beat Derby in the Football League, losing two of the previous three meetings (D1).
- Derby’s only previous Football League trip to Wycombe came in February 2021 in the Championship, with Andre Wisdom netting a 90th minute winner for the Rams in a 2-1 win that also saw Uche Ikpeazu score both for and against the Chairboys.
- Wycombe have won each of their last two league games without conceding; the Chairboys last won three consecutive games with a clean sheet each time in November 2019 (run of four).
- Derby have are unbeaten in their previous 15 league games (W9 D6), winning each of the last six, while they last won seven league fixtures on the bounce in December 2016 as a Championship side.