Take a look ahead to the weekend in the Sky Bet Championship with our pre-match stat pack!
Coventry City v Sunderland
- Coventry City are unbeaten in five league games against Sunderland (W2 D3) since a 2-0 defeat in February 2007.
- Sunderland are winless in their last nine league visits to Coventry (D4 L5) since a 1-0 top-flight win in April 1985.
- Coventry have won their last two league games, as many as they’d won in their previous 11 combined (D4 L5).
- Sunderland lost 2-1 at Rotherham last time out – only once this season have they lost consecutive league games, doing so against Blackburn and Burnley in October.
- Viktor Gyökeres has been directly involved in 18 league goals this season (14 goals, 4 assists), twice as many as any other Coventry player. Gyökeres has had a hand in five goals in his last six appearances (2 goals, 3 assists).
Birmingham City v Luton Town
- Birmingham have kept a clean sheet in their last three league games against Luton (W2 D1) since a 1-0 defeat in February 2021.
- Luton have picked up five points in their last seven league visits to Birmingham City (W1 D2 L4), losing 3-0 there last season.
- Birmingham have lost four of their last five home league games (W1), having lost just one of their previous eight on home soil beforehand (W3 D4).
- Luton are unbeaten in their last five away games in the Championship (W3 D2), since a 2-1 defeat at Middlesbrough in December.
- Both Luton (12) and Birmingham (11) have scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes of games than any other Championship sides this season.
Bristol City v Hull City
- Bristol City have won 15 of their last 19 home league games against Hull City (D3 L1) including each of the last three in a row.
- Hull are looking to complete a league double over Bristol City for the first time since the 1964-65 campaign.
- Bristol City are unbeaten in each of their last eight Championship matches (W3 D5), they last enjoyed a longer such streak in October 2019 (10 games).
- Hull have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five Championship matches (W2 D2 L1), as many as they’d registered in their previous 30 combined.
- Bristol City’s Andreas Weimann has scored more league goals against Hull than he has versus any other side in English football (6).
Burnley v Huddersfield Town
- Burnley are unbeaten in their last eight league matches against Huddersfield Town (W5 D3) since a 2-1 defeat in November 2013.
- Huddersfield have won one of their last 11 league visits to Burnley (D4 L6), winning 1-0 in February 2013 under manager Mark Robins.
- Burnley have scored in each of their last 30 league games, the Clarets' longest ever scoring streak in their league history (W20 D9 L1).
- Huddersfield have won just two of their last 16 away league games (D4 L10), and are winless in their last five in a row (D2 L3).
- Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes has scored in all three of his league appearances against Burnley at Turf Moor, netting three goals.
Norwich City v Cardiff City
- Norwich City have won three of their last four home league games against Cardiff City (L1).
- Cardiff are looking to complete only their second ever league double over Norwich, also doing so in 2017-18 under Neil Warnock.
- After a run of one win in 10 home league games (D3 L6), Norwich have won their last two at Carrow Road. The Canaries have scored exactly three goals in each of their last five home league victories.
- Cardiff have won their last two games in a row in the Championship (two clean sheets), as many wins as they’d registered in their previous 18 combined. The Bluebirds last won three consecutive league games without conceding in December 2020.
- Marcelino Núñez was involved in all three of Norwich's goals against Birmingham last time out (2 goals, 1 assist), having registered just one goal and one assist in his first 27 league games for the Canaries.
Preston North End v Wigan Athletic
- Preston are unbeaten in three league games against Wigan (W2 D1) since a 2-0 defeat in April 2019.
- Wigan Athletic have lost their last three away league games against Preston North End without scoring a single goal.
- Preston are winless in their last six home league games, losing five (D1). They last endured a longer run without a win at home in league competition in September 2016 (9 games).
- Wigan are without an away league win in each of their last 10 outings (D5 L5), since a 2-0 win at Rotherham in October.
- Preston striker Ched Evans has scored seven goals in the Championship this season (22 apps), as many as he’d netted in his previous two campaigns in the competition combined for the club (44 apps).
QPR v Blackburn Rovers
- QPR have won their last three home league matches against Blackburn Rovers, winning the last two games 1-0.
- The home side has won each of the last seven league meetings between Queens Park Rangers and Blackburn Rovers.
- QPR are winless in their last 11 games in all competitions – their longest run without a win since September to December 2012 (15 games).
- Blackburn are unbeaten in their last six league games, winning the last two 1-0 (D4). However, they're winless in five on the road since beating Norwich 2-0 in December (D3 L2).
- This Saturday, Gareth Ainsworth will take charge of QPR as manager for the first time since May 2009 - a gap of 13 years and 298 days. It’s the biggest gap between games by a QPR manager in their Football League history.
Reading v Blackpool
- Reading have lost their last three league games against Blackpool, having only lost four of their previous 27 matches against the Seasiders.
- Following their 3-2 away win at Reading last season, Blackpool are looking for consecutive away league wins against the Royals for the first time.
- Reading have picked up just one win from their last eight matches in the Championship (D3 L4), winning 2-1 versus Rotherham earlier this month.
- Blackpool are winless in their last eight away league games (D2 L6), losing the last four in a row. They last lost more consecutively on the road in February 2020 (5).
- Reading striker Andy Carroll has scored in three of his four league appearances against Blackpool (3 goals), most recently netting for West Brom last April.
Sheffield United v Watford
- Sheffield United are winless in their last six league games against Watford (D2 L4), scoring just one goal across this run in a 1-1 draw on Boxing Day in 2019.
- This is Watford’s first Championship visit to Bramall Lane to face Sheffield United since October 2010, winning 1-0 with a goal from Marvin Sordell.
- Sheffield United lost their last home league game, 3-1 against Middlesbrough – they’ve not lost consecutive Championship matches at Bramall Lane since October 2021.
- Watford have only lost one of their last eight games in the Championship (W3 D4), and are unbeaten in their last four (W1 D3).
- Watford’s Ken Sema scored twice last time out against West Brom, as many goals as he’d netted in his previous 52 league appearances combined for the Hornets – he last scored in consecutive games in March 2021.
Stoke City v Millwall
- Stoke have won four of their last six home league games against Millwall (D1 L1), winning 2-0 last season.
- Millwall are looking to secure their first league double over Stoke since the 2002-03 campaign under manager Mark McGhee.
- Stoke have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three home league games (W2 D1), they last recorded four consecutive home shutouts in November 2012.
- Millwall have won five of their 16 away league games this season, as many as they’d won on the road in the 2021-22 campaign (5 of 23 games).
- Millwall boss Gary Rowett has only lost one of his seven league encounters with Stoke in his managerial career, picking up four wins in the process (D2).
West Bromwich Albion v Middlesbrough
- West Brom have won just one of their last nine league matches against Middlesbrough (D4 L4), a 1-0 away win in the 2019-20 campaign.
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in their last four league visits to West Bromwich Albion (W2 D2) since a 2-0 defeat in April 2010.
- West Brom have lost three of their last five games in the Championship (W1 D1), after winning nine of their previous 10 matches (L1). In fact, the Baggies have conceded six goals in their last three games, as many as in their previous 12 combined.
- Middlesbrough have picked up 12 wins from their last 14 games in the Championship (L2), scoring 32 goals in the process (2.3 per game).
- Chuba Akpom has scored 19 goals in the Championship this season, and could become the first Middlesbrough player to score 20+ goals in a league campaign since Bernie Slaven in 1989-90 (21).
Swansea City v Rotherham United
- Swansea City have won their last two home league games against Rotherham United, with this the first meeting since 2020-21, a 1-0 Swans win.
- Rotherham have picked up just one win in their last 17 league visits to Swansea (D7 L9), winning 2-0 in April 2006.
- Swansea have lost four of their last five league games (W1), as many as they had in their previous 14 (W4 D6).
- Rotherham have won just one of their last 11 away games in the Championship (D4 L6) and are without an away win in each of their last seven (D3 L4).
- Swansea's Championship games have seen 96 goals scored this season, more than any other side (F46 A50).