Take a look ahead to the weekend with our Sky Bet Championship pre-match stat pack...
Cardiff City v Reading
- Cardiff have won just one of their last 12 league matches against Reading (D5 L6), a 2-1 away win last season.
- Reading are looking to complete a league double over Cardiff for the first time since the 2016-17 campaign.
- Cardiff are without a win at home in the league in each of their last eight games (D3 L5), only between March and October 1981 have they had a longer such run in the second tier (9 games).
- Since the start of last season, Reading have lost more Championship away games than any other side (25), and could lose four consecutive league fixtures on the road in the same season for the first time since February 2022.
- Reading’s Yakou Meite has scored two goals in his last three league appearances against Cardiff, one of which came at the Cardiff City Stadium in January 2020.
Millwall v Sheffield United
- Millwall have won four of their last five home league games against Sheffield United, winning 1-0 against the Blades last season.
- Sheffield United are looking to complete a league double over Millwall for the first time since the 1983-84 season.
- Millwall are unbeaten in each of their last nine home league games (W5 D4). Those four draws have come in their last five fixtures, as many as in their prior 28 such games.
- Sheffield United have drawn each of their previous two away league games; they last drew three successive fixtures away from home in the Premier League in December 2019 (run of four).
- Millwall’s Jake Cooper has more Football League goals against Sheffield United than any other side (5), netting in all three previous league games against them at The Den.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City
- Blackburn Rovers are looking to complete a league double over Swansea City for the first time since the 1983-84 season.
- Swansea have won just one of their last 21 away league matches against Blackburn (D5 L15), a 2-1 victory in September 1971.
- After conceding six goals across two league games at Ewood Park against Preston and Middlesbrough, Blackburn have kept a clean sheet in their prior two such games (W1 D1), previously doing so in three successive such fixtures in December 2021.
- Swansea have won just one of their prior 10 away league fixtures (D5 L4), and could lose successive such games for the first time since February 2022 (run of three).
- Since the start of last season, no side has conceded 3+ goals in more different Championship away games than Swansea (11), doing so in their last such game against Sheffield United, losing 3-0.
Blackpool v Stoke City
- Blackpool are winless in their last 12 home league matches against Stoke City (D6 L6) since a 1-0 win in February 1964.
- Stoke are looking for their first league double over Blackpool since the 1999-2000 season under Gudjon Thordarson.
- Blackpool have drawn four of their last five league games at Bloomfield Road (L1), including each of the last three; they last drew four in a row in March 2021 in League One.
- Stoke have lost each of their last two away league games against Sheffield United and Luton; the Potters haven’t lost three on the bounce in the same season since March 2021 (run of four).
- Blackpool manager Mick McCarthy has won just one of his last nine league games against Stoke (D5 L3), including none of the last three (D1 L2).
Huddersfield Town v Birmingham City
- Huddersfield Town have won just two of their last 10 league games against Birmingham City (D5 L3) and lost 2-1 earlier this season.
- Birmingham are looking to complete their first league double over Huddersfield since the 2000-01 campaign under Trevor Francis.
- Along with Millwall, Huddersfield are one of only two sides in the Championship this season yet to concede more than twice in a home game, last doing so against Bournemouth in March 2022, a 3-0 defeat.
- Birmingham’s last three away league games have averaged 5.3 goals per game (6 goals for, 10 goals against), not since September 1968 have they conceded 3+ goals in four successive such games (run of five).
- Huddersfield manager Neil Warnock has lost his last two league games against Birmingham without scoring a goal, with both coming while in charge of Middlesbrough in 2021. Warnock has never previously lost three consecutive league games against Birmingham in his managerial career.
Hull City v Preston North End
- Hull haven’t scored in any of their last two league games against Preston (D1 L1) after netting nine goals in their previous three (W2 D1).
- Following their 1-0 away win at Hull last season, Preston are looking to consecutive away league visits to the Tigers for the first time.
- Hull have won each of their last two home league games without conceding; the Tigers last won three Championship games on home soil without conceding in February 2019.
- Preston lost 3-0 to Burnley in their last away league game; they last lost successive such games in April last year (run of three).
- Preston’s Alan Browne has scored three goals against Hull in the Football League, only netting more against Huddersfield (4), though all three of those efforts have come at Deepdale.
Luton Town v Burnley
- This is Luton’s first home league game against Burnley since October 2006. The Clarets won 2-0 with Andy Gray scoring a brace.
- Burnley are unbeaten in five league games against Luton Town (W2 D3), although those games came between 2005 and 2022. Their last defeat was in March 2000, losing 2-0.
- Luton have won each of their last two home league games by a 1-0 scoreline; they last won three in a row without conceding at Kenilworth Road in December 2018 in League One.
- Burnley have won each of their last four away league games, keeping a clean sheet in three of those games – the Clarets last won five league games on the road in the second tier or higher in January 1973.
- Burnley have scored at least once in each of their last 12 away league games, with the Clarets last enjoying a longer such run in April 1979 (13 games).
Middlesbrough v QPR
- Middlesbrough are winless in their last seven league meetings with QPR (D3 L4) since a 2-0 home win back in February 2019.
- QPR have won their last three league visits to Middlesbrough – they had lost six of their previous eight away games there (W2).
- Middlesbrough have won their last five home league games, as many as they had in their previous 15 at the Riverside Stadium (D5 L5).
- QPR have won just one of their last nine away league games (D4 L4), with that victory Neil Critchley’s first league game in charge of the R’s against Preston in December (1-0).
- Middlesbrough's Marcus Forss, who has scored in three of his last four league games at the Riverside Stadium, has netted in his previous two league appearances against QPR, with both efforts coming at Loftus Road.
Rotherham United v Coventry City
- Rotherham United are winless in their last four league games against Coventry City (D2 L2) since a 4-0 win in October 2019.
- Coventry have won three of their last four away league games against Rotherham (L1) and won 1-0 on their last visit to the New York Stadium in April 2021.
- Rotherham have recorded a clean sheet in each of their last two home league games (W1 D1), the Millers haven’t done so in three games in a row since August 2018.
- Coventry have lost each of their last four away league games, three of which by a 1-0 scoreline – the Sky Blues last lost five such games in a row in League One in March 2014.
- Coventry are unbeaten in each of their last 11 Football League away games against newly promoted sides (W8 D3) since losing 2-1 to Forest Green in League Two in February 2018.
Sunderland v Bristol City
- Sunderland are looking to complete their first league double over Bristol City since the 1909-10 campaign, having won 3-2 earlier this season.
- This is only Bristol City’s second away league game against Sunderland this century – in their other in 2017-18, they won 2-1 under Lee Johnson.
- Sunderland are looking to win three consecutive league games within the top two tiers for the first time since a run of four in May 2014 under Gus Poyet.
- Bristol City are unbeaten in their last five away league games (W2 D3), picking up more points (9) than in their previous 10 such games (8 – W2 D2 L6).
- After winning three of his first five league games against Bristol City as a manager between 2007 and 2011 (D1 L1), Sunderland boss Tony Mowbray has only won two of his last 13 league meetings with the Robins (D5 L6).
Wigan Athletic v Norwich City
- Wigan Athletic are winless in their last five league games against Norwich (D3 L2) since a 1-0 win in March 2015.
- Norwich are unbeaten in their last three away league visits to Wigan (W1 D2) with this their first since April 2019, a 1-1 draw.
- Wigan won their last home league game against Huddersfield 1-0, the Latics last won consecutive home games in the Championship in July 2020 (run of four).
- After scoring four goals in each of their first two away league games under David Wager (W2), Norwich failed to score in their most recent such game against Bristol City (L1) – not since February 2021 have the Canaries failed to score in successive away Championship fixtures.
- Wigan manager Shaun Maloney could become the first Latics manager to win each of his first two home league games in charge since Chris Hutchings in the Premier League in August 2007, beating Middlesbrough and Sunderland.
Watford v West Bromwich Albion
- Watford are unbeaten in their last four home league games against West Brom (W2 D2) with this their first game against them at Vicarage Road since March 2018, a 1-0 win in the Premier League.
- West Bromwich Albion have won just one of their last eight league games against Watford (D4 L3), winning 3-1 in December 2016 under Tony Pulis.
- Watford have drawn each of their last two league games at Vicarage Road, as many as in their first 13 games of the season (W7 L4); they last drew three in succession as a Premier League side in October 2019.
- West Brom have lost three of their last five away league games (W2), as many as in their first 10 such games of 2022-23 (W3 D4 L3).
- This is the first time in the Football League Watford boss Slaven Bilic will face a side he’s previously managed – in his five previous league meetings with West Brom as West Ham manager he won only once (D3 L1).