Take a look ahead to tonight's Sky Bet Championship action with our pre-match stat pack!
Birmingham City v Cardiff City
- Birmingham City are winless in eight league matches against Cardiff (D3 L5) since a 1-0 home win back in October 2017.
- Cardiff City have won just two of their last 20 away league games against Birmingham (D9 L9), a 1-0 win in 2012-13 and 4-0 win in 2020-21.
- Birmingham have won each of their last two league games and could win three in a row for the first time since November 2021.
- Cardiff are winless in their last five away league games (D2 L3), failing to score in the last four and losing the last three. Only once in their league history have they gone five away games without scoring, doing so between April and August 1975.
- Only Millwall (20) and Sheffield United (14) have scored more goals from set pieces in the Championship this season (ex. penalties) than Birmingham (12), with each of their last three goals in the competition coming from dead-ball situations (2x corner, 1x direct free-kick).
Coventry City v Millwall
- Coventry City have lost their last two league games against Millwall, last losing more in a row against the Lions between 2001 and 2003, a run of five.
- Millwall are looking to complete a league double over Coventry for the first time since the 2011-12 campaign.
- Coventry have only lost one of their last 10 home league games (W5 D4 L1), scoring at least once in nine of those games.
- Millwall have won each of their last two league games on the road and could win three in succession for the first time since a run of six victories between January and March 2018.
- Millwall’s Tom Bradshaw has scored four goals against Coventry in the Football League in nine appearances, only against Crewe (6) and Bradford (5) does he have more against an opponent.
Norwich City v Hull City
- Norwich have won six of their last 10 home league games against Hull (D3 L1) with this their first against the Tigers since 2018-19, winning 3-2.
- Hull City are looking for their first league double over Norwich since the 1970-71 season, having won 2-1 earlier this season.
- Norwich are winless in their last six home league games (D2 L4), losing each of the last two. They've not lost three in a row at Carrow Road in the second tier since February 2006.
- Hull have lost just one of their last 10 league games (W4 D5), recording five clean sheets during that time and never conceding more than one goal.
- Hull have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three league games, last recording four in succession in their opening four League One games in 2020-21, while last doing so in the Championship in February 2016.
QPR v Sunderland
- Queens Park Rangers are unbeaten in seven league games against Sunderland (W4 D3) since a 3-1 away defeat in March 2012.
- Sunderland have lost their last three away league matches against QPR, although this is their first game there since March 2018.
- QPR are without a win in their last seven league games at Loftus Road (D2 L5); they’ve never had a longer winless run outside the top-flight on home soil.
- Sunderland are unbeaten in their last seven away league games (W3 D4), their longest such run in the second tier or higher since a run of eight between January and April 2007.
- 47% of Patrick Roberts’ Football League goal involvements have come this season, scoring four goals and providing four assists (17 overall – 8 goals, 9 assists), while he could score in consecutive Football League appearances for the first time in his career.
Burnley v Watford
- Burnley have only lost one of their last 13 home league matches against Watford (W7 D5), a 3-1 defeat in the Premier League in August 2018.
- Watford are looking to complete their first league double over Burnley since the 2002-03 season – their game at Turf Moor that season was a 7-4 win.
- Burnley have won each of their last 10 league games for the first time since January 1913; the Clarets have never enjoyed a longer such run in the Football League before.
- Watford are without a win in four league games (D3 L1); the Hornets last went on a longer such run outside the top-flight in December 2013 (run of 10).
- Burnley’s Nathan Tella has netted four goals in his last two league games at Turf Moor - including a hat-trick last time out against Preston – the last Burnley player to score in three successive home league games was Ashley Barnes in March 2019.
Reading v Rotherham United
- Reading have only lost one of their 23 home league matches against Rotherham United (W15 D7), losing 3-0 in May 1977.
- Rotherham are looking to complete a league double over Reading for the first time – this is the 24th campaign in which they’ve faced.
- Reading are unbeaten in their last four home league games (W2 D2). The last two have finished 2-2, with the Royals both recovering from (vs Watford) and surrendering (vs QPR) a 2-0 lead.
- Rotherham have drawn each of their last three league games, with each of the last two ending goalless; the Millers last had three successive 0-0 draws in the Football League in November 1996.
- Reading’s Tom Ince has eight goals in seven league appearances against Rotherham, his joint-most against an opponent in the Football League, although failed to score in his only previous league outing against them for the Royals in August.
Bristol City v Wigan Athletic
- Bristol City are unbeaten in their last three home league games against Wigan (W1 D2) since a 1-0 defeat in the 2002-03 campaign.
- Wigan Athletic are winless in four league games against Bristol City (D3 L1) since a 1-0 win in September 2018.
- Bristol City are unbeaten in their last six league games (W3 D3), winning each of the last two; the Robins haven’t won three successive league fixtures since November 2020.
- After taking 13 points from their first five away league games this season (W4 D1), Wigan have earned just four points from their subsequent nine on the road (D4 L5).
- Bristol City’s Andreas Weimann has two goals in his last three league appearances against Wigan, including a goal in the reverse fixture with the Latics in August.
Preston North End v Luton Town
- Preston are looking for their first league double over Luton Town since the 1999-2000 season.
- Luton have lost nine of their last 10 away league matches against Preston, winning the other 1-0 in the 2020-21 campaign.
- Preston have lost each of their last five home league games – they've never lost six in a row at Deepdale in their league history.
- Since Rob Edwards’ first league game in charge of Luton, only Burnley (12) have won more points away from home than the Hatters (10).
- No side have dropped more points from winning positions in the Championship this season than Luton (21), doing so last time out in their 1-1 draw with Coventry.
Stoke City v Huddersfield Town
- Stoke City have won their last two home league games against Huddersfield Town since losing 1-0 in October 2019.
- Huddersfield Town are looking to secure their first league double over Stoke since the 1997-98 campaign.
- Stoke have won each of their last two league games in midweek (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), and could win three in a row for the first time since January 2020, with the third victory in that run coming against Huddersfield (5-2).
- Huddersfield have failed to win any of their last six league games (D3 L3); they last had a longer such run in February 2021 (8 games).
- Stoke have failed to score in four of their last six league games and could go three league games without a goal for the first time since November 2019.
Swansea City v Blackpool
- Swansea City are looking to complete their first league double over Blackpool since the 1978-79 campaign.
- Blackpool are unbeaten in their last four away league games against Swansea (W2 D2) since losing 3-2 in the 2005-06 season.
- Swansea have lost their last two home league games. They last lost three in a row in May 2018 in the Premier League, and they last did so outside the top-flight in April 2004 (fourth tier).
- Blackpool have won just one of their last 11 away league games (D4 L6) and are winless in six on the road since a 2-1 win at Coventry in October.
- Swansea have conceded seven goals in their last two league games; not since January 1981 have the Swans conceded 3+ goals in three consecutive fixtures in the second tier.
Sheffield United v Middlesbrough
- Sheffield United have won six of their last seven home league matches against Middlesbrough (L1), winning 4-1 last season.
- Middlesbrough have collected just four points in their last 10 league visits to Sheffield United (W1 D1 L8).
- Sheffield United manager Paul Heckingbottom has won only one of his four previous league games against Middlesbrough (D2 L1), though that win came with the Blades in March 2022 (4-1).
- Middlesbrough have won seven away league games so far this season, with six of those coming under Michael Carrick (L3); they last won more on the road in a single league campaign in 2018-19 (10).
- Sheffield United’s Oliver McBurnie registered his 10th league goal of the season last time out against Swansea. Only in 2018-19 previously when playing for the Swans has he reached double figures in a league campaign before (22).
West Bromwich Albion v Blackburn Rovers
- West Bromwich Albion are unbeaten in their last four home league matches against Blackburn (W2 D2) since a 3-1 defeat in December 2010.
- Blackburn are looking to complete their first league double over Blackburn since the 2010-11 Premier League campaign.
- West Brom manager Carlos Corberan has won both previous Football League meetings with Blackburn at home, beating them 2-1 in December 2020 and 3-2 in September 2021 with both occasions coming during his Huddersfield tenure.
- West Brom have won their last six home league games by an aggregate score of 10-0. They last won more consecutively at the Hawthorns in April 2010 (9), while they've never won seven in a row at home without conceding before.
- Blackburn have drawn each of their last three league games, as many as in their previous 41 contests (W18 L20) – Rovers last drew four consecutive league games in March 2017 under Tony Mowbray.