Here are all the key stats and facts you need to know ahead of kick-off in Sky Bet League Two this weekend!
Carlisle United v Northampton Town
- Carlisle won this exact fixture last season 2-1; not since February 1997 have they won back-to-back home games against Northampton in the Football League.
- Northampton have only lost one of their last eight league games against Carlisle (W6 D1), winning four of their last five (L1).
- Carlisle are unbeaten in their last four home league games (W3 D1), keeping a clean sheet on each occasion. They last kept five consecutive clean sheets at home in the Football League in May 2001 (a run of six).
- Northampton have only lost one of their last 10 league matches (W6 D3), although that defeat did come in their most recent away match – 3-0 at Newport.
Crawley Town v Tranmere Rovers
- Crawley have won three of their last four home Football League games against Tranmere, although they did lose this exact fixture last season 1-0.
- Tranmere have won each of their last four meetings with Crawley in all competitions, keeping a clean sheet in their last three.
- Crawley are unbeaten in their last five home league games (W2 D3), while they last had a longer unbeaten run on home soil in October 2020 (a run of 14 without defeat).
- Since winning three consecutive away league games without conceding a goal in September/October, Tranmere have only won two of their last 13 away trips (D4 L7) and kept just two clean sheets in this run.
Crewe Alexandra v Walsall
- Crewe have only lost one of their last 17 league games against Walsall (W6 D10), and are unbeaten in their last eight (W3 D5).
- Walsall’s only win in their last nine league visits to Crewe (D3 L5) was in September 2013 under Dean Smith (3-0).
- Crewe are unbeaten in their last four home games in League Two (W3 D1), winning the last two. They last won three in a row on home soil in the Football League in December 2020 (a run of four).
- Only QPR and Forest Green (one each) have won fewer games than Walsall (2) in the top four tiers of English football this year. Both of those victories for the Saddlers came in home games, beating Mansfield in January and Gillingham in March.
Gillingham v Stockport County
- Gillingham are unbeaten in their last eight Football League games against Stockport County (W4 D4) since a 3-1 defeat on their opening match of the 2000-01 campaign.
- This will be Stockport’s first Football League game away at Gillingham since losing 2-1 in October 2010 under Paul Simpson.
- The two teams to have won the most points in League Two in 2023 so far are Gillingham (33) and Stockport (36), while no side in the division has won more games than either side this year (10 each),
- Stockport lost two of their first four league games of 2023 (W1 D1), but have since lost just one of their last 15 matches in League Two, winning nine times in this run (D5).
Grimsby Town v Mansfield Town
- In all competitions, Grimsby are unbeaten in five meetings with Mansfield (W2 D3), keeping a clean sheet in three of those games.
- Mansfield are unbeaten in their last four Football League away games at Grimsby (W2 D2) since going down 3-0 in February 2017.
- Grimsby have only lost one of their last six home games in League Two, however they have drawn four of those (W1) and lost their most recent one – 4-1 v Hartlepool.
- Mansfield are unbeaten in their last six outings in League Two (W2 D4) and could equal their longest unbeaten run of the 2022-23 campaign if they avoid defeat here (seven games – September/October).
Harrogate Town v Doncaster Rovers
- This will be only the second League Two match played between Harrogate and Doncaster, after the Sulphurites won this season’s reverse fixture 2-0 in March.
- Doncaster are winless in their last nine Yorkshire derbies in league competition (D2 L7), last winning such a match in September 2019 over Rotherham (2-1).
- Harrogate have drawn each of their last three games in League Two, while they have never previously drawn four in a row in the Football League.
- Doncaster come into this match on a four-game losing run in League Two, while only one of their last six victories in the competition have been recorded away from home (2-0 at Swindon in February).
Newport County v Hartlepool United
- Newport County are looking to complete a Football League double over Hartlepool for the first time since 1964-65, having won this season’s reverse fixture 1-0.
- Hartlepool won this exact fixture last season 3-2; never before have they won back-to-back away games at Newport in the Football League, with this their 24th such trip.
- Newport were beaten 4-0 by Stockport last time out, their heaviest defeat in the Football League since February 2020 v Oldham (5-0). However, they have only lost one of their last eight home games in League Two (W2 D5).
- Hartlepool are unbeaten in their last eight matches in League Two (W2 D6), however the last side to beat them was Newport in the reverse fixture in February (1-0).
Rochdale v Bradford City
- Rochdale are looking to complete a league double over Bradford City for the first time since the 2007-08 season, when Adam Le Fondre scored late winners as a substitute for the Dale in both league matches against the Bantams.
- Bradford are unbeaten in their last eight league visits to Rochdale (W4 D4) since a 3-0 defeat in March 2009 under Stuart McCall.
- Rochdale are unbeaten in their last three games in League Two (W2 D1), picking up more points in this run than they had in their previous 13 matches combined (6 – W1 D3 L9).
- Bradford haven’t lost any of their last 10 league games (W5 D5), with only leaders Leyton Orient (12) currently on a longer unbeaten run in League Two. The Bantams are, however, on the longest current unbeaten run away from home in the division (8 games – W3 D5).
Salford City v Colchester United
- Salford have only won one of their seven League Two matches against Colchester (D2 L4), a 2-0 victory in October 2021.
- Colchester have never lost away at Salford in three League Two visits, winning two and drawing one.
- Salford were beaten by leaders Leyton Orient in their last home game in League Two (2-0), but they’ve only lost consecutive home games once previously in 2022-23 (vs Bradford and Stockport last October).
- Colchester ended a run of nine games without a win by beating Crewe 4-0 last time out. Away from home, they are winless in their last four however (D2 L2), with their last win on the road coming in February at Grimsby (1-0).
Stevenage v AFC Wimbledon
- Stevenage have faced AFC Wimbledon five times previously in League Two and won four of them (D1), including this season’s reverse meeting (3-2).
- AFC Wimbledon’s only point and clean sheet against Stevenage in League Two was in their last such away visit, a 0-0 draw in April 2016.
- Stevenage manager Steve Evans has won three of his four home league games against AFC Wimbledon (L1), with each of those three wins coming with different sides: Rotherham in 2013, Peterborough in 2018 and Gillingham in 2020.
- AFC Wimbledon have dropped 35 points from winning positions in League Two this season, the most of any team.
Sutton United v Leyton Orient
- The home side has won all three previous League Two matches between Sutton United and Leyton Orient, with the Us winning this exact fixture last season 1-0.
- Leyton Orient have won both previous meetings with Sutton United in all competitions this season, both at home in the EFL Trophy in September (3-1) and League Two in December (2-0).
- Sutton have only scored two goals across their last six league matches (D3 L3), suffering defeats in each of the last two. They last lost three in a row in League Two in October (a run of four).
- No team have lost fewer away games than Leyton Orient (4) in League Two this season. Since losing three of those in succession in January, the O’s are unbeaten in their last five on the road (W2 D3).
Swindon Town v Barrow
- Swindon Town have won both of their last two Football League home games against Barrow, victories separated by almost 53 years (May 1969 and April 2022).
- Barrow have lost four of their last five Football League games against Swindon, winning the other 2-0 in December 2021.
- Swindon come into this match on a run of four successive league defeats – they haven’t lost five in a row since April 2021, in what were the final five league games of John Sheridan’s tenure.
- Barrow have won three of their last four games in League Two (L1), as many victories as they had managed across the 12 league games prior to this run (W3 D4 L5).