Delve into all the key stats and facts this weekend in Sky Bet League Two!
AFC Wimbledon v Tranmere Rovers
- This will be only the second time that AFC Wimbledon have hosted Tranmere in the Football League, with the first a 2-2 draw in October 2014.
- Tranmere have only lost one of their last seven Football League away games against London clubs (W4 D2), a 0-2 defeat at Leyton Orient in September 2022.
- AFC Wimbledon have just one win in their last 17 league games (D5 L11); indeed, since the start of February, no side has suffered more defeats (11) in League Two than the Wombles.
- Tranmere have only won one of their last 10 away league outings (D2 L7), and are winless in their last five (D2 L3) since beating Stevenage 1-0 in February.
Carlisle United v Salford City
- Carlisle have won this exact fixture at home to Salford in both of the last two League Two seasons, both 2-1 wins in December 2020 and September 2021.
- Despite both sides scoring in all six League Two meetings between Carlisle and Salford, the Ammies have won just one (D2 L3).
- Carlisle are unbeaten in six home league matches (W3 D3), keeping a clean sheet in five of them, since losing 4-0 to Mansfield in February.
- Salford have won both of their last two league games, last winning three on the spin in April 2022 (run of four).
Crawley Town v Walsall
- Crawley have only lost one of six Football League home games against Walsall (W2 D3), going down 2-3 in September 2019.
- Walsall have suffered just one defeat in their last eight league meetings with Crawley (W5 D2), although it was this exact fixture away from home last season (1-0).
- Crawley are unbeaten in seven home league games (W3 D4), their longest such run since going 14 without defeat from December 2019 to October 2020.
- Walsall have won just one of their last 21 league games (D12 L8), losing each of the last three in a row.
Crewe Alexandra v Swindon Town
- Crewe have won each of their last three home league games against Swindon, last winning four in a row at home to the Robins in September 1985.
- None of the last 11 league matches between Crewe and Swindon have been drawn (five Crewe wins, six Swindon). However, the Robins have lost five of the last seven (W2).
- Crewe have won their last three home league games, their longest such run since winning four in succession in December 2020. Having not conceded in either of their last two, the Railwaymen could win three home league matches in a row while keeping a clean sheet each time for the first time since January 2013.
- Their last away game, a 5-1 win at AFC Wimbledon, was the third time Swindon have scored 4+ goals in an away League Two game this term (also v Mansfield in October, Rochdale in March), the most they have done so in a league campaign since 1992-93 (also 3), a season in which they won promotion to the Premier League.
Doncaster Rovers v Colchester United
- Doncaster have won each of their last four home Football League meetings with Colchester, each without conceding, with this their first such meeting since October 2016 when they won 1-0.
- Colchester last completed a Football League double over Doncaster in 1997-98; they won this season’s reverse clash 3-0 in November.
- Doncaster are winless in nine league matches (D2 L7), last going 10 without a win in the EFL in April 2016 (run of 16), during a season in which they were relegated from League One.
- Colchester are unbeaten in eight league matches (W3 D5), their longest such streak since going 16 without defeat from October 2019 to January 2020.
Gillingham v Newport County
- Gillingham last hosted Newport County in the Football League in February 1987, a 1-1 draw.
- Newport won this season’s reverse meeting 2-0 in November, and last completed a Football League double over Gillingham in 1957-58.
- Gillingham have won nine of their last 11 home league matches (D1 L1); their previous nine wins had come over their last 40 home league games before this run (D15 L16).
- Newport are looking to win successive away league games for the first time this season, having won 3-1 at Doncaster in their last such game.
Hartlepool United v Barrow
- Hartlepool have won six of their last seven Football League home games against Barrow (L1), although just one of those has come in the last 50 years, a 3-1 win last season.
- Barrow could complete a Football League double over Hartlepool for the first time since 1961-62, having won this season’s reverse fixture 3-1 in November.
- Failing to win this game will see Hartlepool relegated from League Two, and would mean they have been relegated in two of their last three seasons in the division (also 2016-17). They had never been relegated in 45 seasons in the Football League’s fourth tier before this.
- Barrow have failed to score in each of their last three league games, and each of their last four away from home; the Bluebirds last went longer without scoring away from home in the Football League in September 1969 (run of 7 games).
Leyton Orient v Stockport County
- Leyton Orient are attempting to complete a Football League double over Stockport for the first time since 1969-70, having won this season’s reverse meeting 2-1 in November.
- Stockport last visited Leyton Orient in the Football League in April 2010, losing 2-0, and last did so in League Two in November 2005 (2-2 draw).
- Leyton Orient have kept 16 home league clean sheets this season; the last side to record more on home turf in a single Football League campaign were Swindon Town in 2011-12 (19).
- Stockport have only lost one of their last 18 league games (W10 D7), and are unbeaten in their last 11 (W5 D6); not since April-August 1994 have they gone longer without defeat in the Football League (12), a run which included a goalless draw at Leyton Orient.
Mansfield Town v Harrogate Town
- Mansfield have lost four of their five previous League Two games against Harrogate (D1), scoring just one goal in the five matches.
- Harrogate have won both of their League Two visits to Mansfield; they are yet to win three away games against a single side in the EFL.
- Mansfield’s Danny Johnson has scored more Football League goals against Harrogate than any other opponent, scoring five times in four such appearances against the Yorkshire club.
- Luke Armstrong has been directly involved in four goals in three League Two appearances against Mansfield for Harrogate, scoring three and assisting one.
Northampton Town v Bradford City
- Northampton are looking to complete a league double over Bradford City for the first time since 1975-76, having won this season’s reverse match 3-1 in November.
- Bradford City have only lost one of their last 11 league trips to Northampton (W7 D3), remaining unbeaten in their last five (W4 D1) since a 2-0 defeat in September 2010.
- Northampton have won five of their last six home league games (D1), as many as their previous 14 beforehand (D5 L4).
- Bradford City have 10 away league wins this season; on only three occasions have they earned more in a single Football League campaign, being promoted each time (12 in 1981-82, 13 in 1984-85, 11 in 1998-99).
Rochdale v Sutton United
- Rochdale won their only previous League Two match at home to Sutton United 3-2 in October 2021.
- Sutton United have won both of their last two league games versus Rochdale without conceding.
- Rochdale have lost 26 League Two games this season, their most in a Football League campaign since 1979-80 (also 26), while they last lost more in 1977-78 (30).
- Sutton United have lost each of their last five league games, their longest ever run in League Two.
Stevenage v Grimsby Town
- Stevenage have never lost at home to Grimsby in League Two (P5 W4 D1); only against Hartlepool (7) and Walsall (6) have they played more at home in the Football League without losing.
- Grimsby have won just one of their last 10 league meetings with Stevenage (D3 L6), a 3-1 victory in January 2020.
- Stevenage have more home wins in League Two this season than any side (16); the last sides to win more in a single campaign at home in the division were Accrington Stanley and Luton Town (both 17) in 2017-18.
- Grimsby have won nine away league games this season, last reaching double figures for wins on the road in a Football League campaign in 1978-79 (11).