Take a look ahead to the weekend in Sky Bet League One with our pre-match stat pack...
Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle
- None of the last 11 Football League meetings between Exeter and Plymouth have been drawn, with the Grecians winning five times and the Pilgrims six.
- Exeter have lost only two of their previous seven home Football League games against Plymouth (W4 D1), winning 4-0 in this fixture in October 2019.
- Exeter City have lost their last two league matches – the Grecians haven’t lost three games in a row since January 2022 in League Two.
- Plymouth Argyle suffered a 2-0 defeat to Lincoln City in their last league game – the Pilgrims haven’t lost consecutive games all season, last doing so in February 2022 against Cambridge and Rotherham.
Cambridge United v Peterborough United
- Cambridge have failed to win any of their last seven Football League games against Peterborough (D3 L4), failing to score in any of the last three fixtures.
- After winning the reverse fixture 1-0 in October, Peterborough are aiming to do the double over Cambridge in the Football League for the first time since 1987-88.
- Cambridge United have picked up seven points in League One in April (W2 D1), one more than they did across January, February and March combined (W1 D3 L10 – 6 points).
- Peterborough's Jonson Clarke-Harris has scored 55 League One goals across his last two seasons in the competition (2020-21 and 2022-23), the most of any player since the start of 2020-21, despite Clarke-Harris playing last season in the Championship.
Accrington Stanley v Fleetwood Town
- Accrington have lost only one of their last five Football League games against Fleetwood (W3 D1), though that defeat came in the reverse fixture in October (3-0).
- Fleetwood have lost on each of their last two trips to Accrington in the Football League, after losing only one of their first three visits (W2 L1).
- Only Forest Green Rovers (13) have lost more League One games in 2023 than Accrington (10), while only Morecambe (37) have conceded more goals this year than Stanley (32).
- Fleetwood full-back Shaun Rooney has been involved in more League One goals than any other Cod Army player this season (10 – 6 goals, 4 assists), assisting their goal in the 2-1 defeat to Bristol Rovers.
Bristol Rovers v Derby County
- Bristol Rovers have lost each of their last two home Football League games against Derby in 1991 (3-2) and 1992 (2-1), after losing only one of their first 10 such games (W6 D3 L1).
- Derby have won each of their last five Football League games against Bristol Rovers, netting 13 goals during that time, four of which came in their only meeting this century in the reverse fixture in October (4-2).
- Bristol Rovers have won their last two league matches, last winning three in a row in October, beating Cambridge, MK Dons and Cheltenham.
- Only three players have scored more League One goals this season than Derby’s 35-year-old forward David McGoldrick (18). McGoldrick also netted a hat-trick in this season’s reverse fixture with Bristol Rovers.
Burton Albion v Sheffield Wednesday
- Burton Albion have lost each of their last three Football League games against Sheffield Wednesday, conceding 11 goals during that time (3.7 per game).
- Sheffield Wednesday won on their last visit to Burton Albion in the Football League last season (2-0), after failing to win any of their first two trips there (D1 L1).
- Burton’s last seven league games have seen 27 goals scored (11 for, 16 against) – since the start of March, only Barnsley’s games have had more across League One (29).
- Barry Bannan has created more chances than any other player in League One this season (115), with the Sheffield Wednesday midfielder also registering 10 assists, the third time in the last five seasons he’s had 10+ league assists (11 in 2018-19, 12 in 2021-22).
Forest Green Rovers v Barnsley
- Forest Green lost the reverse fixture to Barnsley in the Football League 2-0 in October with goals from Devante Cole and Josh Martin, in what was their first ever competitive meeting.
- Barnsley lost their last away league game against newly promoted opposition in March to Exeter (3-1), not since a run of four defeats between February and August 2005 have they lost successive such games in League One.
- Forest Green have won fewer points than any other League One side in 2023 and are the only side yet to reach double figures for points (6) or goals (9) this calendar year.
- Barnsley have won more points (38) and matches (12) in League One in 2023 so far than any other side. The Tykes have also netted the most goals (39) this calendar year.
Ipswich Town v Charlton Athletic
- Ipswich are aiming to win successive home Football League games over Charlton for the first time since November 2000 in the Premier League (run of four) following their 4-0 win in this fixture last season.
- Charlton have lost only one of their last six Football League games against Ipswich (W2 D3), including the reverse fixture in October that finished 4-4, with both sides scoring twice in the 90th
- Conor Chaplin has netted 19 league goals for Ipswich Town this season – the last Tractor Boys player to hit 20 league goals in a season was Daryl Murphy in 2014-15 (27 goals).
- Charlton Athletic have won 15 points in nine away League One games in 2023 so far (W5 D1 L3), with only Peterborough winning more in this calendar year so far (16).
Lincoln City v Port Vale
- Lincoln are unbeaten in their last three home league matches against Port Vale (W2 D1) since a 2-1 defeat in December 2009.
- Port Vale are looking to complete their first league double over Lincoln City since the 2009-10 campaign.
- Lincoln City have won their last two league matches, both 2-0 wins over Cheltenham and Plymouth. The Imps are looking for three consecutive league wins for the first time since April 2021.
- Port Vale have failed to score in their last three league games, with the Valiants last going four in a row without a goal within the same season in February 2019.
MK Dons v Cheltenham Town
- MK Dons have won all three of their home league matches against Cheltenham Town, scoring exactly three goals in all three wins.
- Cheltenham have won just one of their seven EFL matches against MK Dons (D2 L4), a 3-1 win on Boxing Day 2018.
- MK Dons have picked up 12 points in their last six league matches (W3 D3), as many as they did in their first 14 games under manager Mark Jackson (W3 D3 L8).
- Alfie May has scored 10 League One goals in 2023 for Cheltenham Town, with only David McGoldrick and Jonson Clarke-Harris (11 each) netting more this calendar year in League One.
Morecambe v Wycombe Wanderers
- Morecambe have lost just one of their last six league games against Wycombe Wanderers (W3 D2), a 4-3 away defeat last season.
- Wycombe have lost their last two away EFL games against Morecambe – they hadn’t lost any of their first eight visits there (W5 D3).
- Since the start of February, Morecambe have picked up just eight points in League One (W1 D5 L9), with only Oxford and Forest Green (5 each) picking up fewer in that time.
- Wycombe’s Chem Campbell has scored in three of his seven league starts for the Chairboys, netting three goals including one in their 2-0 win over Forest Green last time out.
Oxford United v Bolton Wanderers
- Oxford United are looking to record a league double over Bolton Wanderers for the first time since the 1975-76 campaign.
- Bolton have won their last two away league visits to Oxford, their only two games there this century, winning 4-2 in 2016-17 and 3-2 in 2021-22.
- Oxford are winless in their last 14 league games (D5 L9), drawing each of their last four matches. The U’s last drew five consecutive games in the EFL in October 1978.
- Bolton’s George Johnston completed 121 passes in their 1-1 draw with Cambridge, only 71 fewer than Cambridge completed as a team in that game.
Shrewsbury Town v Portsmouth
- Shrewsbury Town have won none of their last six league matches against Portsmouth (D2 L4) since a 1-0 win in August 2019.
- Portsmouth have won their last two away league games against Shrewsbury, winning both games 2-1.
- Shrewsbury Town have lost their last four league matches by an aggregate score of 13-1. The Shrews haven’t lost five in a row since August 2021.
- Portsmouth have kept nine clean sheets in League One in 2023, with only Ipswich Town keeping more this calendar year (10).