Take a look ahead to the next round of fixtures in Sky Bet League One with our pre-match stat pack!
Barnsley v Shrewsbury Town
- Barnsley are looking to complete a league double over Shrewsbury for the first time since the 1988-89 second tier season, having won this campaign’s reverse meeting 1-0 in November.
- Shrewsbury have lost seven of their last eight league visits to Barnsley (W1), with this their first since a 2-1 defeat in April 2019.
- Barnsley have won each of their last seven league games at Oakwell, averaging 3.4 goals per game during that run – the Tykes last had a longer such run in a single season in April 1955 (run of eight).
- Shrewsbury are winless in their previous six away league games (D2 L4), losing each of the last three – the Shrews last endured a longer such run in a single campaign in November 2015 (run of five).
Bolton Wanderers v Cambridge United
- Bolton have only lost one of their eight home league meetings with Cambridge United (W4 D3), a 4-3 defeat in October 1981 under George Mulhall.
- Cambridge United have only won two of their last 13 league matches against Bolton (D7 L4), both home wins in April 1991 (2-1) and August 2021 (1-0).
- Bolton lost 2-0 to Ipswich in their last home league game; they last lost successive home league fixtures in January 2021 (run of three).
- Cambridge beat Port Vale 2-0 in their last away league game, scoring as many goals as in their previous 10 such matches (D1 L9).
Charlton Athletic v Burton Albion
- Charlton have won three of their four previous home games against Burton Albion in all competitions, losing the other 1-2 in February 2021.
- Burton Albion have never kept a clean sheet in seven league matches against Charlton, only facing Dagenham and Redbridge more times in the Football League without ever keeping them out (10).
- Charlton recorded their biggest home win in the Football League since August 1972 in their previous such game against Shrewsbury (6-0); the Addicks haven’t recorded consecutive clean sheets on home soil in the same season since March 2022 (run of three).
- Burton have alternated between not winning (D1 L4) and winning (W4) in their last nine away league games, keeping their first away clean sheet since September against Exeter in their goalless draw with Cheltenham in their last such game.
Cheltenham Town v Ipswich Town
- Cheltenham remain unbeaten in their three league meetings with Ipswich (W1 D2), each coming in League One since the start of last season.
- Ipswich’s only league visit to Cheltenham saw them lose 2-1 in August 2021. The last side they lost both of their first two Football League away games against were Peterborough United in August 2011.
- Cheltenham are unbeaten in each of their last five home league games (W2 D3), last going six games avoiding defeat in May 2021 (W5 D1).
- Ipswich have won only one of their last nine Football League games on Easter Monday (D4 L4), beating Newcastle 3-1 in the Championship in April 2017.
Derby County v MK Dons
- Derby have won two of their three previous league meetings with MK Dons (L1), both 3-1 victories in September 2015 and November 2022.
- MK Dons won their only previous league visit to Derby in February 2016, a 1-0 win courtesy of Jake Forster-Caskey’s goal.
- Derby have lost each of their last two home league games, losing 2-0 both times – not since October 2020 have the Rams lost three successive such matches in a single campaign.
- MK Dons have lost two of their last three league games on Easter Monday (D1), as many as in their previous eight such games (W5 D1).
Fleetwood Town v Bristol Rovers
- Five of Fleetwood Town’s last six league meetings with Bristol Rovers have been drawn, including each of their last three at home finishing goalless.
- Since winning their first ever Football League visit to Fleetwood Town in January 2013 (3-0), Bristol Rovers are winless in their last six such trips (D3 L3).
- Fleetwood are unbeaten at home in the league in each of their previous six games (W4 D2); they last went seven such games avoiding defeat in March 2021 (W3 D4).
- Bristol Rovers have won, and scored three goals, in each of their last two away league games, last winning three in a row in the third tier in December 2019.
Peterborough United v Exeter City
- Peterborough have won each of their last three home Football League matches against Exeter, although this is their first since March 2011 (3-0).
- Exeter could win back-to-back Football League games against Peterborough for the first time since the 1988-89 campaign, having won this season’s reverse game 3-2 in November.
- Peterborough have alternated between scoring at least two goals (5 games – W5) or failing to score (5 games – D2 L3) in their previous 10 at home; though have kept a clean sheet in each of their last two, previously enjoying a longer such run in August (run of four).
- Exeter have failed to win any of their last five away league games (D2 L3), though did come back from losing positions in both those draws with Wycombe (1-1) and Fleetwood in their most recent such game (2-2).
Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City
- Plymouth have only won one of their last five league meetings with Lincoln City (D2 L2), a 4-3 victory in February 2021.
- Lincoln won this exact fixture last season 2-1; they had lost six of their previous seven Football League away games against Plymouth before this (D1).
- Plymouth have won 17 of their 19 home league games this season (D1 L1), only once in their history have they won as many as 18 of their first 20 such games in a Football League season, doing so in 1951-52 in Division 3 South (also 18).
- Lincoln are unbeaten in each of their previous three Easter Monday fixtures (W2 D1), keeping a clean sheet on every occasion.
Port Vale v Oxford United
- Port Vale have won eight of their last 10 home Football League games against Oxford United, losing just one of these (D1).
- Oxford United last completed a league double over Port Vale in 2010-11 in League Two; they won this season’s reverse clash 4-0 in November.
- Port Vale have won just two of their nine home league games in 2023 (D1 L6), and could lose three in a row for the second time this season. Not since 2014-15, also in League One, have the Valiants had two different runs of at least three successive home defeats in the same campaign.
- Oxford have drawn more away games in League One than any other side this season (8), including each of their two such games under Liam Manning – 1-1 with Morcambe and 0-0 with Peterborough.
Portsmouth v Morecambe
- Portsmouth have never lost at home to Morecambe in the Football League in five previous such games (W3 D2), winning 2-0 in this exact fixture last season.
- Five of Portsmouth and Morecambe’s last seven league clashes have ended in a score draw (one win each), including both of their last two enocounters.
- Portsmouth have won five of their eight league games at Fratton Park since the appointment of John Mousinho (D2 L1), keeping twice as many clean sheets under him (4) as in their first 12 such games of 2022-23 (2).
- Morecambe have won fewer points on the road than any other side in League One this season (8 – W1 D5 L14), failing to win any of their last 15 such games (D3 L12). Indeed, the Shrimps have conceded in each of their last 31 away games in the third tier (68 in total), with only two sides this century having longer such run – Cheltenham in November 2021 (41 games) and Wycombe in December 2018 (38 games).
Sheffield Wednesday v Accrington Stanley
- Sheffield Wednesday have never lost to Accrington Stanley in three previous league meetings, all in League One (W2 D1).
- Accrington Stanley’s only previous league trip to Sheffield Wednesday saw them come from behind to draw 1-1 in March 2022.
- Sheffield Wednesday have won each of their last four league games on Easter Monday, only Charlton (7) have a longer ongoing run in the Football League.
- Accrington are winless in their last nine away league games (D4 L5), with them failing to score in six of those nine matches.
Wycombe Wanderers v Forest Green Rovers
- Wycombe have won all three of their Football League meetings with Forest Green; only against Bolton (4) and Leyton Orient (5) have Wycombe ever won each of their first four Football League matches against a particular side.
- Forest Green’s only previous Football League away match at Wycombe was a 3-1 defeat in September 2017 in League Two.
- Wycombe are unbeaten in each of their last six Football League games on Easter Monday (W4 D2), keeping a clean sheet in four of those games.
- Forest Green have failed to win any of their previous 19 Football League away games since winning their opening game of the season (D7 L12) – the last side to endure a 20-game winless run in League One in a campaign was Gillingham in 2009-10 (23 games).