Following feedback from Clubs remaining in this season’s Papa John’s Trophy, the EFL can confirm Clubs will be permitted to make five substitutions from the seven they nominate for the remainder of the 2021/22 competition.
The amendment to Competition Rule 10.1 comes into effect ahead of the next round of ties which will take place during the week commencing Monday 29 November 2021.
The change was made after consideration of the proposal which highlighted concerns of a demanding fixture schedule over the coming months.
Papa John’s Trophy Substitutions:
- Clubs will be able to make 5 substitutes from 7 nominated;
- Clubs will have 3 opportunities during open play to make substitutions (not including half-time);
- Multiple substitutions can be made during one opportunity;
- For the Final an additional opportunity will be afforded during open play in extra time (not including 90 mins and half-time in extra-time);
- Unspent substitutions can be a carried over in extra time; and
- Provision of concussion substitutes sits outside this process and can be made at any time.