The proposed 2017/18 Sky Bet Play-Off Semi-Final dates have been confirmed across all three divisions, with domestic campaigns drawing to a close in what promises to be a nerve-racking yet exciting finale for supporters across the country.
The first legs of the Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Semi-Finals will take place on 11th and 12th May, with the return legs three days later on the 14th and 15th.
Just five points separate fifth-placed Derby County and 11th-placed Preston North End, with a total of eight teams contesting the remaining three Play-Off places available.
Steve Bruce’s Aston Villa are on the verge of confirming their place, whilst Neil Harris’ Millwall currently sit in sixth position hoping to continue their remarkable recent form – despite the likes of Middlesbrough, Bristol City and Sheffield United hot on their tails.
A three-way battle for two automatic promotion spots in Sky Bet League One has left one Play-Off place already confirmed, with Shrewsbury Town currently in third place, but aiming to overtake either Blackburn Rovers or Wigan Athletic come the beginning of May.
Sky Bet League One Play-Off Semi-Finals will start on Thursday 10th May, with the other first leg tie to take place on Saturday 12th May. The second legs, to be held on Sunday 13th May and Wednesday 16th May, will then decide who will contest the Play-Off Final at Wembley Stadium.
Rotherham United currently hold the strongest grip of those not yet to confirm their place, but with five teams separated by just two points below the Millers, a few twists and turns are expected between now and the end of the season.
Sky Bet League Two begin their Play-Off fixtures on Saturday 12th May before the return legs on Thursday 17th May and Friday 18th May in what is shaping up to be the most hotly-contested run-in, with 12 teams still mathematically possible of achieving a Play-Off berth.
Only Accrington Stanley and Luton Town have guaranteed themselves a place, although both sides will be looking to consolidate their position at the top of the standings and avoid the drama of the Play-Offs.
The proposed 2017/18 Sky Bet Play-Off Semi-Final schedule is as follows:*
Sky Bet Championship
- Friday 11th May: Championship A – 7:45pm
- Saturday 12th May: Championship B – 5:15pm
- Monday 14th May: Championship A – 7:45pm
- Tuesday 15th May: Championship B – 7:45pm
Sky Bet League One
- Thursday 10th May: League One A – 7:45pm
- Saturday 12th May: League One B – 12:30pm
- Sunday 13th May: League One A – 5:15pm
- Wednesday 16th May: League One B – 7:45pm
Sky Bet League Two
- Saturday 12th May: League Two A – 3pm
- Saturday 12th May: League Two B – 7:30pm
- Thursday 17th May: League Two A – 7:45pm
- Friday 18th May: League Two B – 7:45pm
- Saturday 26th May: Championship Final – 5pm
- Sunday 27th May: League One Final – 3pm
- Monday 28th May: League Two Final – 3pm
*Kick-off times subject to change based on police intelligence.