Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Carabao Cup

Round Four: Review

25 October 2017

Bristol City pulled off the biggest upset of Carabao Cup Round Four, defeating Crystal Palace 4-1 to move into the Quarter-Finals for the first time since 1989.

Goals at Ashton Gate from Matty Taylor, Milan Djuric, Joe Bryan and Callum O’Dowda saw off Premier League opposition for the third round in a row, booking the Robins a place in Thursday’s Round Five draw.

DRAW: Round Five draw to be streamed live on Twitter

Norwich City had Arsenal worried when Josh Murphy handed the Canaries a lead at the Emirates, but they were denied late on by teenage substitute Eddie Nketiah, whose equaliser forced extra time before he grabbed the decisive goal early in the additional period.

Manchester City were also taken to extra time and beyond, with Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers holding Pep Guardiola’s men to a goalless stalemate.

Claudio Bravo was the eventual hero, saving Alfred N’Diaye and Conor Coady’s penalties in the shoot-out to send the Premier League pacesetters through.

Manchester United eased past Swansea City in front of the Sky Sports cameras, courtesy of two goals from Jesse Lingard, while Tuesday’s action was rounded off by a pair of 3-1 home wins for Premier League clubs against Championship opposition.

Three-time winners Leicester City fought back from a goal down to see off Leeds United, while Bournemouth overcame Middlesbrough, with Callum Wilson among the goals on his return from a nine-month injury absence.

On Wednesday night, there were plenty of goals in London as Chelsea and West Ham made progression into the Round Five draw.

At Wembley, Tottenham Hotspur hosted the Hammers, and it looked a done deal at the break. Spurs were 2-0 up at the half-time whistle but an Andre Ayew double brought things level before Angelo Ogbonna headed Slaven Bilic's side through.

Chelsea made their progression with a 2-1 win over Everton. Antonio Rudiger and Willian netted the goals, before Dominic Calvert-Lewin grabbed a late consolation in David Unsworth's first game in charge of the Toffees.

Advertisement block