The latest batch of televised fixtures have been confirmed, with nine further Sky Bet EFL matches having been picked to appear live on Sky Sports in the opening weeks of the 2017/18 season.
The first fixture of the latest round of matches will see two teams returning to the Sky Bet Championship go head-to-head, as Sheffield United make the journey north to Middlesbrough in a 5:30pm kick-off on Saturday 12th August.
Burton Albion’s home encounter with Birmingham City will take place at 7:45pm on Friday 18th, kicking off a weekend which sees Sunderland’s new manager Simon Grayson take on a former team. His current side host Leeds United at the Stadium of Light on Saturday 19th.
September gets under way with three live Sky Bet League One games in the month’s opening weekend. First up is an encounter between Bradford City and Bristol Rovers in a 12:30pm kick-off on Saturday 2nd, ahead of a double-header on Sunday 3rd. Fleetwood Town travel to Blackburn Rovers for a lunchtime kick-off, before Portsmouth host Rotherham United in a 2:30pm fixture.
The final games to be confirmed for September to date are Derby County’s clash with Hull City on Friday 8th, and Nottingham Forest’s visit to Sheffield Wednesday at 5:30pm on Saturday 9th.
Latest batch of Sky Bet EFL matches selected for Sky Sports coverage
- Saturday 12th August: Middlesbrough v Sheffield United (5:30pm)
- Friday 18th August: Burton Albion v Birmingham City (7:45pm)
- Saturday 19th August: Sunderland v Leeds United (5:30pm)
- Friday 25th August: Bristol City v Aston Villa (7:45pm)
- Saturday 2nd September: Bradford City v Bristol Rovers (12:30pm)
- Sunday 3rd September: Blackburn Rovers v Fleetwood Town (12:15pm)
- Sunday 3rd September: Portsmouth v Rotherham United (2:30pm)
- Friday 8th September: Derby County v Hull City (7:45pm)
- Saturday 9th September: Sheffield Wednesday v Nottingham Forest (5:30pm)
Please note: one further fixture may be confirmed.
Throughout the course of the 2017/18 season, Sky Sports will exclusively show 127 live matches from the Sky Bet EFL season - including the Play-Offs - as well as 15 matches from the Carabao Cup and at least three from the Checkatrade Trophy.
As with 2016/17, the EFL and broadcast partner Sky Sports have again committed to give clubs and supporters at least five weeks’ notice ahead of any EFL matches being selected for live television coverage.
As part of the agreement, the EFL will publicly announce any fixture changes within three working days of their selection (following club consideration) in order to give EFL supporters as much time as is possible to allow for any alterations to travel plans that may be required.
If both the EFL and Sky Sports are unable to meet this timeframe then the clubs involved have the ability to choose not to be broadcast live on television. However, if both clubs mutually agree to the rescheduling of the fixture within this five-week period then the game will be televised on the new date.
TV selection dates 2017/18 (Illustrative but subject to a five-week minimum notice commitment)
- Clubs notified of selections for September by 14th July.
- Clubs notified of selections for 7th October to 11th November by 25th August.
- Clubs notified of selections for 18th November to 9th December by 29th September
- Clubs notified of selections for 16th December to 13th January by 3rd November;
- Clubs notified of selections for 20th January to 3rd February by 8th December;
- Clubs notified of selections for 10th February to 3rd March by 29th December
- Clubs notified of selections for 10th March to 31st March by 19th January
- From 23rd February, a minimum five-week rolling selection commences for matches up to and including the penultimate weekend
- Clubs notified of selections for the final day made following the completion of the penultimate round of matches
The EFL has committed to publicly announcing any fixture changes within three working days in order to give EFL supporters as much time as is possible to allow for any alterations to travel plans that may be required.