There’s a heavily-reduced schedule in Sky Bet League One this weekend, with a number of teams in FA Cup action.However, five fixtures remain, with Southend United — 13 games unbeaten — hosting table-topping Sheffield United in a game brought forward, and third-placed Scunthorpe United welcoming Bury, who are 15 league games without a win.
Sky Bet League One: Matchday 26 fixtures (3pm kick-off)
Saturday 7th January 2017
Bradford City v Chesterfield
Bristol Rovers v Northampton Town
Scunthorpe United v Bury
Southend United v Sheffield United
Swindon Town v Shrewsbury Town
Click here to see the match officials on duty
1. Four of the last five meetings between Bradford and Chesterfield have finished 1-0 the side away from home, with the exception being the Bantams’ 2-0 Valley Parade triumph to close out the 2015/16 season.
2. Bristol Rovers and Northampton meet for the 99th time this weekend. The Cobblers are on top with 38 wins to 32, but the Gas won the reverse fixture 3-2 back in October.
3. After a pair of 2-2 draws in 2013/14, Scunthorpe have won the last three encounters against Bury by two goals to one. Prior to those draws, Bury won 2-1 on consecutive occasions.
4. Southend’s 13-game undefeated streak is only bettered this season by the 15-match stretch set by Sheffield United earlier in the campaign. The Blades have won their last five, so something must give at Roots Hall.
5. Swindon have won all five of their home matches with Shrewsbury since the turn of the century, with the Shrews’ last County Ground success coming in April 1996.
From the dugout
Follow, follow, follow…