Once again a West London derby gets the Sky Bet Championship weekend under way, with Brentford hosting Fulham on Friday night.That's one of three Sky Sports screenings, with Wolves versus Derby on Saturday lunchtime and an evening kick-off between Bristol City and Brighton also being broadcast live on Matchday 16.
TV Games: Upcoming EFL matches screened on Sky Sports
Leaders Newcastle host Neil Warnock's rejuvenated Cardiff, while Huddersfield and Norwich are both at home as they bid to bounce back from thumping 5-0 defeats last time out.
Elsewhere, there's a new face in an EFL dugout. Warren Joyce is the new Wigan manager, and he faces Jaap Stam's Reading in his maiden managerial outing.
Read more: Wigan Athletic - who is Warren Joyce?
Sky Bet Championship: Matchday 16 fixtures (3pm kick-off unless stated)
Friday 4th November 2016
Brentford v Fulham (7:45pm – live on Sky Sports)
Saturday 5th November 2016
Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers
Bristol City v Brighton & Hove Albion (5:30pm – live on Sky Sports)
Burton Albion v Barnsley
Huddersfield Town v Birmingham City
Newcastle United v Cardiff City
Norwich City v Leeds United
Nottingham Forest v Queens Park Rangers
Rotherham United v Preston North End
Sheffield Wednesday v Ipswich Town
Wigan Athletic v Reading
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County (12:30pm – live on Sky Sports)
Match officials: Click here to see the Matchday 16 appointments
1. There are two Matchday 16 match-ups between EFL founder members.
128 years ago this weekend, Wolves defeated Derby 4-1 in their maiden meeting. This Saturday marks the 150th clash, with the Rams leading 63-53 in the head-to-head record.
Aston Villa take on Blackburn for the 170th time, although the pair haven't faced off since 2012. The first fixture saw Villa run out 6-1 winners in 1888, but Rovers won 5-1 in the return a month later.
2. Sheffield Wednesday have failed to beat Ipswich in seven previous Hillsborough meetings, dating back to 2006. The last four have finished a goal apiece.
3. In their last five games in all competitions, six Newcastle players have bagged braces. Dwight Gayle and Aleksandar Mitrovic have achieved the feat twice, with Ayoze Perez and Mohamed Diame also at the double for the in-form Magpies.
4. Bristol City have scored all 10 of their Ashton Gate goals this season in the second period, with half of those coming in the final 10 minutes. Any time will do this weekend, though – the Robins have failed to find the net in five of their last six meetings with Brighton.
5. Promoted pair Burton and Barnsley meet for just the fourth time, and Albion are still seeking a first goal in the fixture. It finished goalless at the Pirelli last term, but the Tykes won the reverse 1-0, with the other game a 5-0 FA Cup rout in 2014/15.
From the dugout
Follow, follow, follow...
Follow the EFL's social media channels to stay up to date with the Matchday 16 action: