Plymouth Argyle host in-form Wycombe Wanderers on a full Boxing Day schedule in Sky Bet League Two.The Chairboys have climbed into the Play-Off places following six straight wins, and the latest test is a trip to the division’s leaders.
Doncaster Rovers and Carlisle United are ready to pounce should the Pilgrims slip up, but both are away from home, taking on Notts County and Crewe Alexandra respectively.
Bottom club Newport County welcome Portsmouth to Rodney Parade, and the day’s action gets under way with Leyton Orient versus Crawley Town at 1pm.
Sky Bet League Two: Matchday 22 fixtures (3pm kick-off unless stated)
Monday 26th December 2016
Cheltenham Town v Barnet
Crewe Alexandra v Carlisle United
Grimsby Town v Accrington Stanley
Hartlepool United v Blackpool
Leyton Orient v Crawley Town (1pm)
Luton Town v Colchester United
Mansfield Town v Morecambe
Newport County v Portsmouth
Notts County v Doncaster Rovers
Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers
Stevenage v Cambridge United
Yeovil Town v Exeter City
Referees: Click here to see the match officials on duty
1. Hartlepool’s last home victory against Blackpool came in February 2001, although the Seasiders gained revenge a few months later, running out 3-1 winners at Victoria Park to book a Play-Off Final place in Cardiff.
2. Crawley have won six and lost just two of the eight meetings between themselves and Leyton Orient. However, those defeats have come on their two most recent visits to Brisbane Road.
3. Luton and Colchester’s last EFL meeting was on Boxing Day 10 years ago, in the Championship. On that occasion, the U’s were the hosts, and cruised to a 4-1 triumph.
4. Aside from the inaugural encounter, Mansfield and Morecambe fixtures have been settled by a one-goal margin in the seven since - the last three have all finished 2-1.
5. Exeter, who have the second best away record in the division, go to Yeovil having won three and drawn one of their last four visits to Huish Park.
From the dugout