Matchday 22 kicked off on Thursday evening, with Sheffield United moving level on points at the top following a 2-1 win over Coventry City.Scunthorpe United remain on top due to a superior goal difference to the Blades, and Millwall stand in the way of them restoring their three-point cushion at the summit.
Bolton Wanderers also harbour hopes of topping the table at Christmas, and they visit struggling Chesterfield for the first time this century.
Elsewhere, Chris Brass' first task since being confirmed as Bury's permanent head coach is a home clash with Oxford United – the Shakers are currently enduring an unwanted club-record 11 straight defeats.
Sky Bet League One Matchday 22 fixtures (3pm kick-off)
Thursday 16th December
Coventry City 1-2 Sheffield United
Saturday 17th December
AFC Wimbledon v Port Vale
Bury v Oxford United
Charlton Athletic v Peterborough United
Chesterfield v Bolton Wanderers
Gillingham v Milton Keynes Dons
Northampton Town v Rochdale
Oldham Athletic v Southend United
Scunthorpe United v Millwall
Shrewsbury Town v Bristol Rovers
Swindon Town v Fleetwood Town
Walsall v Bradford City
Click here to see the match officials on duty
1. Charlton have won six and drawn one of their last seven against Peterborough United, dating back to April 1994. The first two of those were 5-1 routs, and the Addicks have hit 22 goals over that period.
2. Chesterfield and Bolton Wanderers meet for the first time in the EFL since the 1988/89 season. The pair have met twice in the FA Cup since, with the Spireites winning the previous encounter 3-2, way back in 1997.
3. Northampton and Rochdale face off for the 60th time this weekend, and the visitors to Sixfields have the chance to even the score. The Cobblers have 20 wins, there have been 20 draws, while Dale trail with 19 successes.
4. Bristol Rovers have failed to score in their four most recent EFL visits to Shrewsbury. A 5-2 win in 2002 has been followed by three losses and a goalless draw.
5. Walsall and Bradford City cannot be separated in the head-to-head record, but the spoils have been shared more often than a winner prevailing. There have been 17 draws, with each side picking up 13 wins over the years.
From the dugout
Action from tonight's 2-1 victory at @Coventry_City. Blades now level on points with league leaders Scunthorpe #twitterbladespic.twitter.com/iZHs2ZWRYF— Sheffield United (@SUFC_tweets) December 15, 2016
⚽️ Congratulations to @velajosh25 who has won @SkyBet's League One Goal of the Month award for November for his volley v @MillwallFC! #BWFCpic.twitter.com/aKeQaTz5a5— Bolton Wanderers FC (@OfficialBWFC) December 16, 2016
Wishing a speedy recovery to @jpearce05, who faces around three months on the sidelines with his groin injury https://t.co/54GatbF543#cafcpic.twitter.com/2iHL6YWOHb— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) December 15, 2016
🗣— Millwall FC (@MillwallFC) December 14, 2016
"Scunthorpe test is exactly what we need"@AidenObrien22 looks ahead to Saturday's clash with @SUFCOfficial ➡️ https://t.co/LZvfLWn694pic.twitter.com/RoKvzbTFRb
WATCH | Former @ManUtd star— AFC Wimbledon (@AFCWimbledon) December 14, 2016
Ryan Giggs would love to replicate AFC Wimbledon success story @SalfordCityFChttps://t.co/cE1Oa6lASY#AFCW
Follow, follow, follow...