The action-packed early-season schedule continues with a full set of Sky Bet Championship fixtures spread across two nights this midweek.Nine games take place on Tuesday evening, with the remaining six clubs – including early leaders QPR – getting under way 24 hours later.
Sky Bet Championship – Matchday 3 fixtures (7.45pm kick-off unless stated)
Tuesday 16th August 2016
Aston Villa v Huddersfield Town
Brentford v Nottingham Forest
Brighton & Hove Albion v Rotherham United
Burton Albion v Sheffield Wednesday
Leeds United v Fulham
Norwich City v Bristol City
Preston North End v Derby County
Wigan Athletic v Birmingham City
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Ipswich Town
Wednesday 17th August 2016
Barnsley v Queens Park Rangers
Cardiff City v Blackburn Rovers
Newcastle United v Reading
Match officials: Click here to see who’s on duty for Matchday 3
1. Aston Villa and Huddersfield meet for the first time since 1987. The first ever encounter between the pair was the 1920 FA Cup Final, won 1-0 in extra time by the Villans.
2. Norwich versus Bristol City is the only Matchday 3 fixture between two unbeaten teams. Will something give at Carrow Road? These two haven't shared the spoils since 1978, a run of 12 games.
3. Former Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is unbeaten in five fixtures against his former club since taking the reins at Ipswich.
4. The encounter between Brighton and Rotherham will be the 50th in a competitive game. The head-to-head reads 17 wins each, with 15 draws.
5. Preston and Derby were founder members of the EFL, and the Lilywhites won the first four Deepdale meetings with a combined scoreline of 19-0.
From the dugout
Follow the EFL's social media channels to keep up-to-date with the midweek action: