The Terms and Conditions for the football fashionistas twitter picture competition1. ELIGIBILITY. This competition is open to any adult (aged over 18)
Employees of the Football League (“the agent”), Capital One (Europe) plc (“the Promoter”) or their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners) and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. ENTRY. To be entered into the competition you must:
- Be following @CapitalOne_Cup Official Twitter handle
- Tweet @CapitalOne_Cup with a photograph of your football fashion disaster.
- Include #footballfashion #promo on the tweet
Once the tweet has been received in accordance with these terms and conditions, you’re entry will be judged by the panel
Entries will be ineligible for the competition if they:
- are considered by the Promoter to contain inappropriate content;
- exceed the maximum number of entries allowed per person;
- violate the rights of any other person or entity;
- are received outside of the Promotion Period set out below; or
- are reported to violate the terms governing use of Twitter.
Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted in the competition. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these terms and conditions.
To the extent that your entry requires the submission of user-generated content such as photos, you warrant that your entry is your original work, has not been copied from others, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity.
3. TIMING. This promotion runs from 18:00 on Tuesday 23rd September 2014 until 12:00 on Friday 26th September (the “Promotion Period”).
4. USE OF YOUR ENTRY. Entries may be used and modified for future marketing activity by the Promoter and/or Agent on Facebook (/capitaloneuk),Twitter (@capitaloneuk) or on any other promotional material which the Promoter deems appropriate. By using the hashtag #footballfashion #promo and sending your Entry to @capitalone_cup or @capitaloneuk you are providing consent for your Entry to be used in this way.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER. All valid entries will be submitted for the panel. There will be one male winner, one female winner and 10 runners up. The winners and runners up will be selected by the panel.
The winning entries will be determined by the panel which includes Charlie Parrish, Style Editor at Telegraph Magazine, Liam Tootill, co-founder of SBTV and football influencer, Gary Moore, Stylist by no later than Friday 26th September.
The Winners will be notified through Twitter by no later than 17:00 on Friday 26th September. The winners must respond to such notification and provide the details requested. If a potential winner has not confirmed receipt of the notification within TEN (10) days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected on the same basis as described above at section 5. The winners may be asked to provide identification proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the prize. The winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
6. THE PRIZE. The prize is a makeover for one female and one male winner. The 10 runners up will receive a £250 shopping voucher for the Arcadia Group. The winners will be contacted to arrange the makeover and the runners up will be sent their voucher in the post. Time and location for the makeover day to be confirmed by Capital One once winners have been informed of their prize.
The prize is as stated and is not transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value in circumstances outside its control. The prize will be sent by the Agent no later than 7 days after prize becomes available. The prize will be sent to the address that the winner provides. Neither the Promoter nor the Agent is responsible where incorrect details are provided.
Prizes may be considered as a taxable benefit to the winners. Winners will be directly responsible for accounting for and paying to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority, any tax liability arising on their prize. Please contact email@example.com for any query related to the taxable amount for reporting to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority.
7. WINNERS LIST. The winners consent to their surname and county being made publically available upon request. The winners’ name and county will be available for a period of 28 days after the selection of winner by request to The Football League via firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. OTHER. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these terms and conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision shall be final. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time but only before the delivery of prize, without notice.
If any provision or part of these terms and conditions is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these terms and conditions shall remain in force.
These terms and conditions, the conduct of this promotion and the interpretation and enforcement of these terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales,
This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoter and/or the Agent and not to Twitter. By entering, entrants agree to release Twitter from all liability, injuries, loss and/or damage of any kind arising from their participation in the promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use/misuse of the prize.
9. SPIRIT OF THE PROMOTION. If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this promotion by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from that entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we will disqualify that entrant’s entry to this promotion and may ban the entrant from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.
10. DATA PROTECTION. By entering this competition, entrants agree to the personal data they supply being used by the Promoter or the Agent or contractors to administer the competition.
Promoter: Capital One (Europe) plc, Trent House, Station Street, Nottingham, NG2 3HX. England