Andy Procter is back at Accrington Stanley after having his Bury contract terminated by mutual consent.
The 31-year-old midfielder has not appeared for the Shakers this season and, upon his release on Monday, he signed a two-year deal to rejoin Stanley, where he previously made over 400 appearances during a 10-year stint in east Lancashire.
Procter made 28 appearances for Bury after signing as a free agent last summer following his release by Preston North End.
"It feels great to be back," Procter said on the club's official website.
"I spoke to James Beattie in the summer and made it clear that I was keen to come back. It became apparent that I wasn't going to get many games at Bury and I've never been someone to sit on a contract so I just wanted to come back and get playing games again.
"When I left Accrington we'd just finished in the play-offs and were on the verge of the play-offs when I actually left. That's where I'd like to help the club return to.
"I went to watch the Bury game on Saturday and really liked what I saw. If we can get a decent run of results together then there's no reason why we can't push up that table."
Speaking before the move at the weekend, Bury boss David Flitcroft had warned Accrington that they would not get Procter for free.
He said: "If nothing's happened (by Monday) we won't be letting people go on loan for no money.
"We're a business, we try to make it into a business and teams will understand how we do our business.
"Procy's in a place where he has to get out and start playing again."