Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Roundups

Sky Bet League 1 round-up

1 November 2014

Bristol City regained a five-point advantage at the Sky Bet League 1 summit as Preston North End's seven-match winning run in this division came to an emphatic end.

The Robins maintained their unbeaten start to the season as a 57th-minute Kieran Agard goal proved enough to see off Oldham Athletic in a 1-0 win at Ashton Gate.

North End, meanwhile, were crushed 3-0 at Rochdale as Jack O'Connell, Ian Henderson and Matt Done brought their hot streak to a halt.

MK Dons moved up to third after coming from behind to edge out Swindon Town 2-1 at home, with Dele Alli and Antony Kay replying in the second half to Jonathan Obika's early opener.

Notts County slipped to a 2-1 loss against Walsall at Meadow Lane, with a Gary Jones own goal and a Tom Bradshaw penalty coming either side of Garry Thompson's strike for the Magpies.

Down at the bottom, Mark Robins secured his first win as Scunthorpe United boss via a 2-1 victory at Peterborough United, with a Ricardo Santos own goal giving the Iron all three points after Conor Washington had equalised a Luke Williams score.

Fellow strugglers Crewe Alexandra drew 1-1 at Crawley Town after Izale McLeod levelled following George Cooper's opener, while Yeovil TOwn also shared the spoils in a goalless stalemate at Chesterfield - the only game without a goal in The Football League.

Reece Wabara and Curtis Main were on target as Doncaster Rovers came from behind to prevail 2-1 at Bradford City, who had gone ahead through Jon Stead.

Port Vale obliged by the same scoreline at Colchester United, with Mark Marshall and Colin Daniel netting for the visitors before Freddie Sears pulled one back.

Tom Hitchcock scored the only goal of the game after just three minutes as Fleetwood Town beat Gillingham 1-0 at Highbury Stadium, while Sam Winnall's solitary strike gave Barnsley victory at Sheffield United.

Leyton Orient and Coventry City shared the spoils in an entertaining 2-2 draw at Matchroom Stadium, with Scott Cuthbert and Jay Simpson on target for the hosts, while Jim O'Brien bagged a brace for the Sky Blues, including a stoppage-time equaliser.

Advertisement block