Neil Warnock does not expect a quick conclusion to takeover talks at Elland Road but will not be using the uncertainty over the club's future as an excuse for failure this season.
Leeds ended a period of exclusivity with an unnamed Middle East-based consortium last week having started talks in May, but Warnock, 63, refuses to be distracted as he prepares his side for their opening npower Championship game at home against Wolves on Saturday despite the club's struggles to raise funds to strengthen the squad.
"We've got 10 [new] players," Warnock said. "I know what people would like me to say, but I've got 10. I'd like another couple of quality players, especially after losing [Robert] Snodgrass and I have to work at getting whatever I can in by whatever means, but rest assured whoever we play against will know they've been in a game.
"That's what I try and do and nothing's changed, whatever the financial situation is or whoever owns the football club.
"I accept anything that's happening at the moment. I'm hardened to it all. I imagine we'll be having this conversation around Christmas time about the takeover and then probably March and by the end of the season it might be sorted."
Asked what he tells the players about the takeover talks, Warnock added: "Nothing at all. We just go about our business. The players are glad to be here. The crowds pre-season have surprised me. There's no reason for excuses, we've got a great bunch of new players, good staff and we're going to give everything to the cause."
Meanwhile, Warnock says his side is still chasing promotion this season despite the financial constraints and on-going uncertainty over the club's future.
"My goal is to get promotion," Warnock said. "Everyone knows I would be in Cornwall now if it wasn't for that opportunity of getting promotion number eight.
"That's what I've been after right from day one. Yes, I'd like a few more quality players, but what I'm going to do is the best I can with what I've got to try and get where I want to be."