Terms and Conditions for Carabao Cup Round Four ‘Win the Draw’ Competition
- The Prize is for one fan to win the opportunity to nominate a venue of their choice within their local area to conduct and host the Round Four Draw of the Carabao Cup, subject to the terms and conditions set out here (including, amongst other things, conditions relating to the venue and other matters required from a broadcast perspective). It is anticipated Sky Sports (Broadcaster) will broadcast the Round Four Draw live from the selected eligible venue on Wednesday 22 September 2021 after the Carabao Cup Round Three fixtures have taken place, with presentation by a Sky Sports presenter and 2 football co-host guests from the venue.
- The winner and a minimum of four guests (precise permitted number of guests to be confirmed in email by the Promoter once a winner has been selected) will be eligible to watch the Draw from behind the scenes at the venue and will meet the Sky Sports host and football talent at the event, which will take place from 18.00 – 22.30 UK time.
- The Winner and guests attending must be over the age of 18.
- The competition begins at 14.00 UK time on Monday 23 August 2021 and ends at 17.00 UK time on Wednesday 8 September 2021. No purchase is necessary to enter.
- Participants are able to enter the competition through the following web page: www.carabaocup.com/winthedraw
- To enter, entrants are required to explain in under 50 words why they should win the draw. Entrants must ensure they have the permission of their nominated venue to nominate it in the competition.
- Shortlisted entrants, selected by the EFL, will be judged by a panel which includes Micah Richards, Harry Redknapp, a representative from Carabao and a representative from the EFL. The panel will vote on who they feel deserves the draw the most based on the reasons provided by Entrants. The Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by phone / email on Friday 10 September and will have 24 hours to respond to either notification and claim the prize. Failure to do so (or if it is otherwise found a winner fails to meet the qualifying criteria for entry) will result in forfeiture of the prize and selection by the judging panel of a different winner.
- The venue nominated for the Round Four Draw must comply with the following criteria:
• Conducting the Round Four Draw outdoors requires a minimum space of 15m x 15m
• Conducting the Round Four Draw indoors requires a minimum space of 20m x 20m
• If an outdoor space has been suggested, a wet weather back up option must also be put forward as an alternative.
• Parking facilities available for 2 large vehicles and a generator, sizes as:
i. Vehicle 1 – 7.5m length, 2.3m width, 3.7m height
ii. Vehicle 2 – 6.8m length, 1.8m width, 2.6m height
iii. Generator – 7.5m length, 2.3m width, 3.7m height
• The venue owner / licensee must sign an agreement with the Promoter binding them to provide the venue / site for the Round Four Draw
• The venue / site must be available on Wednesday 22 September from Midday to Midnight.
• Venue / site must be capable of holding a minimum of 40 people.
• Able to comply with such other criteria as the Broadcaster stipulates.
- The Broadcaster will require access to the venue / site on 13 or 14 September to determine whether it meets the relevant criteria.
The final decision on the venue / site for the Round Four Draw will be dictated by the Broadcaster, and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to hold the Draw at the winners nominated venue and propose alternative venue(s) from which the winner may select (subject to the other terms and conditions, the winner and permitted number of guests still being entitled to attend the draw, at their own cost (the Promoter will never be responsible for travel, accommodation or other costs of the winner and/or their guest(s) in attending or redeeming this prize)).
- Only one entry per person. Multiple entries from the same person will render all entries void.
- No cash alternative will be offered. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original prize, in the event of circumstances outside its control making the prize unavailable.
- The competition is only open to people aged 18 or over and residing in the UK. Entries from those under 18 will not be accepted. Entries made by Carabao, EFL or Sky employees will not be considered valid for this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control. The Prize may be subject to change where expressly stated.
- Entrants are entering this promotion during the COVID-19 pandemic, and therefore acknowledge and agree that the prize is subject to any restrictions from time to time as a result, which may include (amongst other things) the activity being required to take place at Sky Sports Studios, being postponed, cancelled, requirements to undertake testing, tracking, provide other information and/or evidence of vaccination status. Neither the promoter, EFL, or the Broadcaster shall be liable or responsible if any restrictions prevents, limits or interferes with the winner making use of the Prize and in the event winners cannot make use of the Prize the Promoter will determine in its sole discretion whether it will grant an alternative prize.
- The winner and their guests are responsible to have all necessary information and documents in order to comply with any restrictions. The winner and guests must also comply with any other policies, guidance and instructions in relation to COVID-19 which may be provided to you by the EFL, the Promoter, the Broadcaster and/or venue as applicable and may be updated from time to time, for example, to account for updated government guidance or other changes in circumstances as the pandemic develops.
- If you/your guests or anybody in your/their household (or other close contacts as designated in government or local authority guidance from time to time, requiring you/your guests to isolate) is displaying COVID-19 symptoms (or you/your guests are otherwise required to isolate in accordance with government or local authority guidance at the time) you/your guests must not attend the venue.
- The number of guests that the winner can invite to the event will be determined closer to the 22 September, but will be at least four guests.
- This is not a promotion of the EFL, the Broadcaster or their respective group companies nor is there any liability or contractual obligation owed to prize winners by the EFL, the Broadcaster or respective group companies relating to the operation of this promotion.
- By submitting your personal information when entering the competition, you acknowledge the Promoter will disclose that information to the EFL, for the purpose of administering the competition and prize.
Use of your personal information will not include sending you electronic marketing communications unless you have opted in to receive such communications (and you are free to unsubscribe from these communications at any time in the future).
- Contest Promoter is Intercarabao Limited, Aquis House, 49-51 Blagrave Street, Reading RG1 1PL. The English Football League (EFL) and Sky Sports are NOT the promoter of this contest nor do they have any liability to winners or their guest(s).
- The prize winner may be expected to have photographs and take part in content capture for press or promotion purposes, and these together with the winner’s name(s) may be published. The prize winner and any guests must give their consent to such reasonable marketing exposure.
- Subject to applicable law, the name and county of the prize winner will be available by sending a written request to Intercarabao Limited, Aquis House, 49-51 Blagrave Street, Reading RG11PL on or after [20 September 2021]. Entrants agree their name and county may be disclosed for this purpose.
- The Promoter, EFL and/or their agents or distributors accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, delayed or unreadable. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter, EFL and its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors. Your statutory rights are not affected. The Promoter is not liable for any business losses incurred by entrants or the relevant venue.
- Except in case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter's control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
- Subject to any inability to exclude rights you may have by virtue of your country of residence, the prize draw is governed by English law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.