Terms & Conditions: Mind’s ‘Have Your Mate’s Back’ Competition
As part of Mind’s ‘Have Your Mate’s Back’ campaign in partnership with the EFL, Mind are running a prize draw. Participants could have the chance to win one of 3 headline prizes: A pair of Sky Bet Play-Off Finals tickets (one pair per final) and one of 30 Football Manager 2020 video games.
Who may enter:
- You must be aged 18 or older to enter our prize draws and a resident of the United Kingdom.
- Entries from those under 18 will not be accepted.
- Entries made by Mind or EFL employees will not be considered valid for this promotion.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
How to enter:
- To take part in this Promotion, entrants must:
- Post a photo of themselves on Twitter wearing their football shirt backwards between 11/01/2020 and before 17/02/2020. To qualify they will also need, in their post to:
- tag @Mindcharity
- tag the EFL club they support
- use the hashtag #haveyourmatesback
- challenge a friend to do the same by tagging them
For more information about Mind, please visit: www.mind.org.uk
- No purchase necessary to enter this draw. Maximum of one entry per person, per round.
- Multiple entries from the same person (including, amongst other things, where different Twitter accounts are used by one person) will render all entries made by that person void
- The 3 headline prizes are a pair of tickets to each of the Play-Off Finals (Championship, League 1 and League 2).
- Sky Bet Play-Off tickets for each final can only be won by a fan who has tagged an EFL club from the relevant league, i.e. only a fan tagging a Championship club will be eligible to win a pair of tickets to the Championship Play-Off Final.
- Winners will need to inform the EFL which of the team’s fans they wish to be seated with for the Play-Off Final within 48 hours by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrants tagging any EFL club will be eligible for the runners up prizes.
Winner Selection and Notification:
- For each pair of Sky Bet Play-Off Finals tickets, the relevant entries from fans of that league will be grouped together and a winner will be selected using a random computer process from all complete, correct and eligible entries received by the closing date.
- For the runners up prizes, all entries will be grouped together and 30 runners up entries will be picked at random. The draw will be supervised by an independent person.
- Winners will be selected and notified on 24/02/2020
- We do not accept responsibility for entries which fail to reach us before the closing date for any reason, are incomplete, illegible or corrupted.
- Please note that the prize does not include any allowance or costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prize, including travel or accommodation. Winners are responsible for all costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prize.
- Winners will be notified via a direct message on Twitter:
- Winners will have to respond within 48 hours to the message and provide the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Home address
- Contact number
- Contact email address
- The above details for their chosen +1
- Failure to respond within 48 hours may result in a winner losing their entitlement to redeem the prize and an alternative winner being selected.
- Mind or EFL will not be liable for incorrect or incomplete contact information and if a winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours or is not able or available to accept the prize for any reason that is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- If the winner is unable to attend the match, the prize is not applicable on any other day.
- Tickets will be held for collection in person for the winner. Ticket collection details will be provided by the promoter. Tickets may only be collected by the winner and photographic ID (passport / driving license / national ID card) will be required at the point of collection.
- If a winner or guest has any special accessibility requirements, the winner will need to make the promoter aware of this as soon as the winner has won a pair of tickets. In some instances, notice of accessible seating may only be available at short notice. If wheelchair spaces are available, these will be offered on a first-come first -served basis.
- Clubs will be notified of the identity of ticket winners and their guest(s), and databases will be checked against any club banning orders as well as the national police database for those who may be subject to a court banning order. Any persons found subject to a club or court banning order are not eligible to enter this competition or claim the prize.
- If a winner’s guest(s) is subject to a club banning order or court banning order then they are not eligible for the prize, and the winner will need to identify a different guest(s).
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Tickets cannot be transferred to a third party or sold for any financial amount. This is a clear breach of conditions.
- Name changes are not permitted, unless expressly agreed in writing (at the sole discretion of the EFL and/or football club) on a case by case basis.
- Winners will be bound by any additional terms and rules of conduct set out by the relevant football club or event organiser (EFL) (including, amongst other things any terms of issue associated with tickets, applicable ground regulations and other policies applicable to visitors at the venue).
- The promoter, event organiser or stadium operators reserve the right to refuse entry and or require winners and/or their guest(s) to leave the venue should the winner or guest(s) not comply with these terms, rules or policies, any applicable law or regulation or other reasonable directions or the promoter, event organiser or stadium operators, or because of winners or guest(s) inappropriate behaviour.
- The winners will be expected to comply with any third- party terms and conditions that form part of the prize, including but not limited to conditions of the EFL and the relevant football club along with the stadium ground regulations. EFL ground regulations can be found here:
https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-documents/ground-regulations.pdf and apply at all EFL Club stadiums (equivalent regulations apply at Premier League Club stadiums). For any match played at Wembley Stadium the following regulations apply: http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/RulesnRegulations.
- Winners will be bound by any additional terms and rules of conduct set out by the relevant football club, venue host or event organiser (EFL) (including, amongst other things any terms of issue associated with tickets, applicable ground regulations and other policies applicable to visitors at the venue or event).
- The Promoter, event organiser or stadium operators reserve the right to refuse entry and or require winners and/or their guest(s) to leave the venue should the winner or guest(s) not comply with these terms, rules or policies, any applicable law or regulation or other reasonable directions or the promoter, event organiser or stadium operators, or because of winners or guest(s) inappropriate behaviour. Winners are responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guest(s) whilst taking the Prize.
- By submitting your personal information when entering the prize draw, you agree the promoter may disclose that information to the event organiser (EFL) and the relevant football club(s) playing in the match to which the prize relate. This is for the purpose of verifying your eligibility for any prize and/or administering delivery of the prize.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely for the purposes of this promotion by the promoter, EFL, clubs playing in the match to which the prize relate and/or by any agent of the promoter or EFL appointed to assist with running the promotion or administering the prize.
- Further information about the EFL’s use of personal data generally can be found in the EFL privacy notice at https://www.efl.com/efl-privacy-notice and you must bring this to the attention of any guest(s) you may nominate.
- Use of your personal information will not include sending you electronic marketing communications unless you have opted in to receive such communications (and you are free to unsubscribe from these communications at any time in the future).
- Personal data will not be disclosed to any other third-party for any other purpose without the individual’s prior consent.
- Use of personal data received in the course of the promotion will be in accordance with the data protection laws applicable in England & Wales (currently GDPR and the data protection act 2018)
- The law does not permit the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things. This includes death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters and all circumstances for which it cannot, under English law, exclude or limit its liability.
- References to the “Promoter” includes all associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this prize draw in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control.
- The Promoter excludes responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter's control.
- Promoter will not owe any liability in connection with acts or omissions which may include (and is not limited to):
- a) any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used;
- b) damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any prize;
- c) problems with the allocation or dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and
- d) any act, omission or default of any third-party supplier.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- If this Promotion is unable to run as planned due to computer virus, or network/technical/communications failure, tampering or any cause beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter may withdraw, terminate, alter or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries (subject to any written directions given under applicable law).
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties or any automated entry software or any other means which allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants.
- Entries that do not comply fully with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to authenticate the validity of entries and entrants. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to deem an entry to be ineligible should it contain offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
English law applies:
- Subject to any inability to exclude rights you may have by virtue of your country of residence, the prize draw is governed by English law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- This is not a promotion of the EFL, any clubs or their respective group companies nor is there any liability or contractual obligation owed to prize winners by the EFL, clubs or respective group companies relating to the operation of this promotion (save only in relation to any applicable conditions of issue for tickets and/or stadium regulations).
- The contest promoter is Mind, Granta House, 15-19 Broadway, Stratford. London E15 4BQ. The EFL is not the promoter of this contest.